No announcement yet.

Aldo.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aldo.

If Aldo moves up to lightweight and beats Pettis, is he the #1 P4P fighter, with wins over Mendes 2x, and Pettis, both of whom are top 10 P4P fighters?

no way he beats pettis

Comment

He CAN beat Pettis but who knows till he actually gets in there and does it.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        He CAN beat Pettis but who knows till he actually gets in there and does it.
        He's moving up? Doesn't he cut alot of weight to be at 145?

Comment

Yeah, he cuts a lot of weight but he's comfortable doing it.

90% of UFC fighters cut about 20lbs. It's commonplace really. Few don't but majority do.

Dan Hardy. 205 -> 170
          GSP 195 -> 170
          Bendo 180 -> 155

etc etc just a few fighters who's weights i know for sure.

Comment

He already has an arguement. He's beaten the who's who of his division for the last several years. He just loses credit like GSP did for playing it safe alot of times.

But when Aldo comes out smoking like before the Faber fight when he was chasing the title and this recent Mendes fight he is probably the best fighter in the world.

Not his fault Pettis don't want any. They should of fought but Pettis pulled out and fought Henderson a month later.

Comment

I think Conor McGregor beats his ass.

Comment

Pettis would knock Aldo out, eventually. Same speed, and way too much length, size, and power.

Its like Tommy Hearns vs Floyd Mayweather.
                Last edited by CatchAndShoot; 11-13-2014, 02:11 PM.

Comment

If Aldo moves up and beats Pettis (provided Pettis beats Melendez), he is without a doubt the #1 p4p fighter in the world.

I don't think Aldo could beat Pettis though, we will have to see if the injury and layoff has affected Pettis. I think Edgar has a better chance of beating Pettis than Aldo, purely due to his style. It'd be hard for any striker to beat Pettis, hes so unique and unorthodox. You need to have wrestling in your arsenal to beat someone of his calibre.

Comment

Current p4p fighter? I believe he already is the best. As far as beating Pettis, that's a tough fight but Pettis can't stay healthy so who knows.

Comment

Working...
                    X