Rampage resigns with ufc

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rampage resigns with ufc

Just announced..

Rampage says that he was unhappy at bellator..

Kinda a shocker... Not sure what he will do in UFC..

It's nice of Bellator to have let him go like I think they did because the only fight for him there was against Emmanuel Newton and they trained together and Rampage didn't wanna steal his thunder.

Still has some fight left in him with a few confidence boosters under his belt. Fights against Shogun and Lil Nog could be epic!

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post
      It's nice of Bellator to have let him go like I think they did because the only fight for him there was against Emmanuel Newton and they trained together and Rampage didn't wanna steal his thunder.

Still has some fight left in him with a few confidence boosters under his belt. Fights against Shogun and Lil Nog could be epic!
      Yeah, I don't want to see him fight for titles or young contenders cuz he is just gonna get beat down..

But would love some battles vs old faded names

Rampage vs hendo, shogun, silva, Nogeria, vitor would be entertaining fights

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post

I don't think they've let him go, Scott Coker just issued a response basically stating that Rampage is still a Bellator fighter and they're going to fight this.

I think the issue was Bellator didn't deliver a PPV card for Rampage which is what Rampage probably meant when he said they didn't hold their end of the bargain.

I like Rampage as a personality for the most part, he's pretty funny and has a fan friendly style BUT he has so many excuses for his losses, he refuses to stay in shape in between fights and he fell in love with his KO power which led to his wrestling regressing big time.

He can fight the oldies in the UFC like Feijao/Shogun/Lil Nog etc, he'll get demolished by Johnson, Gus, Cormier, Rashad, Jones, Te Huna, OSP and so on.

Comment

You guys forget we are talking about Rampage who has declined the least of all the veterans most specifically in the chin department.. He could show up on fire and right hook anyone to Satan on any given Sunday. I do agree his wrestling has suffered, especially since he rarely goes for takedowns anymore but he still has solid TD defense, a good chin and will always try to slam you to hell.

I don't think he can consistently win against top 5 fighters but anyone with a KO loss knows Rampage can get that job done as well as anyone in the business

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
            You guys forget we are talking about Rampage who has declined the least of all the veterans most specifically in the chin department.. He could show up on fire and right hook anyone to Satan on any given Sunday. I do agree his wrestling has suffered, especially since he rarely goes for takedowns anymore but he still has solid TD defense, a good chin and will always try to slam you to hell.

I don't think he can consistently win against top 5 fighters but anyone with a KO loss knows Rampage can get that job done as well as anyone in the business
            Yeah rampage has a punchers chance vs anyone,,, but i saw the guy live a few years ago in Chicago vs glover, and rampage is about as slow as a fighter can be.. He is ancient... He will not do good if matched up vs contenders...

Comment

Smart move by the UFC. Piss off Bellator(Viacom) and force them to go after UFC fighters more aggressively making UFC look less like a monopoly.

Comment

ariel Hawaii is on record saying ryback is next to sign.

Comment

Woulda never guessed this would happen. Rampage seemed about as done with the UFC as a guy could be.

He can still promote a fight like few can so he can be a nice plus for the UFC. They just need to match him up better. Throw him in with a guy who's gonna mostly stand with him if not stand all day. Hell tell him not to watch his weight & throw him in with Roy Nelson. That fight is only going to the ground if someone gets ktfo.

Comment

He's not a contender but he'll fill spots on cards. I'll always remember the old rampage but dude just isn't with the modern MMA game.

If the UFC knows better, they'll just stick him in there with rock em sock em robots to at least give Rampage some entertaining fights. Any real contender fights, these dudes are just gonna take him down and grind him out. Boring.

So, do like my boy Conor and just give him strikers. It makes for entertaining fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X