Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Floyd Knows He's in a Tough Fight With Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Floyd Knows He's in a Tough Fight With Maidana

Perhaps you can chalk it up to Leonard Ellerbe speaking in a way that will help sell Floyd Mayweather’s upcoming May 3 pay-per-view match, but the executive with Mayweather Promotions is talking up Mayweather’s opponent, welterweight titleholder Marcos Maidana.

“This is going to be a tough fight for Floyd,” Ellerbe said on an April 16 media conference call. “A lot of people have kind of paid attention to the odds, but when it comes down to a fight, we know that Maidana can end this thing with one punch. We almost saw it happen in the Shane Mosley fight [in the second round against Mayweather] a couple years ago. There was a nervous moment.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn. I haven't seen the Mayweather camp this shook in years. They probably just realized what they got themselves into.

Only way Maidana loses this fight is if he isn't a 100% recovered from the Broner fight or if Ellerbe paid him to take it easy on Floyd. But I don't see Maidana accepting the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
      Damn. I haven't seen the Mayweather camp this shook in years. They probably just realized what they got themselves into.

Only way Maidana loses this fight is if he isn't a 100% recovered from the Broner fight or if Ellerbe paid him to take it easy on Floyd. But I don't see Maidana accepting the deal.
      Are you serious?

This is going to be easy money for Floyd.

Maidana with his slow foot speed and wide looping punches doesnt stand much of a chance imo.

Comment

man you're brave.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
          Are you serious?

Maidana with his slow foot speed and wide looping punches doesnt stand much of a chance imo.
          Maidana's awkwardness is designed for the shoulder roll that relies on textbook combinations in order to work. Shoulder roll / Philly shell doesn't work on unconventional fighters who throw unprecedented shots.

When Floyd leans down with the shoulder up, the shots will be coming from up top.

Comment

Lol.

***Beats Adrien Broner***

Would give Floyd Mayweather a tough fight....................

Comment

This kind of fight should be able to sell itself.

Ellerbe knows that's not the case. A lot of fans believe this fight is a mismatch.

He thinks this fight needs more advertising or that preconception will make it flop.

He's damn right about that.

Comment

Never knew ellerbe had an account here.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                  Lol.

***Beats Adrien Broner***

Would give Floyd Mayweather a tough fight....................

golovkin.......

"beats ishida"

would give ward a tough fight.........

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
                    Are you serious?

Sadly he is serious. I asked him the other day if he was ******ed.

He got really upset and gave me red K telling me my mother is ******ed. He's sensitive FYI.

Comment

Working...
                    X