No announcement yet.

Sad News: 2 Brothers Die and A Third Man Critica After Another Night of Riotsl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
    I pray everynight from my home and on sunday i gather with my family to pray at home as my grandparents have a hard time making it to church.

as well when i do go to church i have faith in god, what he does is what he chooses, if the roof colapses then it is gods work.

had the 2 people who died been christians protecting their church i would say the same exact things.

its not about their religion its about properly following the true meaning of their religion.

its about reading a book and doing what it says not listening to a priest or whoever that may corrupt the teachins of the book becase you do not read it for yourself.

if some one comes along and burns my church down then i appologize for anything i might have done to the arson that may have convinced him to burn my church down while i pray he finds a better path to follow in life.

if i take a sick homeless person into my home for the night and awake in the morning to him with police claiming that items wer stoln from my house i would say nonsense and bring out the silver candel holders that he forgot to take while wishing that he finds a better path in life.

if while i pass by on my horse a man crippled and laying in the ditch i would let him ontop my horse while i walk to town and if i find that when he is ontop of my horse he pulls out a gun and asks for my possessions i would give them to him and wish that he not tell anyone of how he obtainied the horse in fear that some one hearing the story would not be willing to help a truly sick and crippled man lieing in the ditch.

because that is what the book of my religion teaches.
    well if you think that than you could save us all from your childish comment,if they stayed home they'd be alive..of course they'd be alive if they stayed home but it was their time to go..you nor I can pick our time..God is the only one who knows when and how we die.

And if your family prayed at home that's very nice but there is always a possibility that someone invades your home and kills you all ...then I bet the smarter idea would of been if you went to the church..you get my point..all I'm saying is that you don't think before you comment..and I believe the comment you made wasn't really what you tried to say ..but anyways..I wish you a nice day and stop getting mad over nothing.

Comment

your taking my point to absurdiumn, its rather pathetic that, that is the only way you can argue your point.
      Also, I am not anti-religious, but to brashly claim that somebody else is taking your point 'to absurdity' seems fairly rich when your entire argument is based on a set of principles and beliefs which by their very nature as beliefs can never be refuted.

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
        well if you think that than you could save us all from your childish comment,if they stayed home they'd be alive..of course they'd be alive if they stayed home but it was their time to go..you nor I can pick our time..God is the only one who knows when and how we die.

And if your family prayed at home that's very nice but there is always a possibility that someone invades your home and kills you all ...then I bet the smarter idea would of been if you went to the church..you get my point..all I'm saying is that you don't think before you comment..and I believe the comment you made wasn't really what you tried to say ..but anyways..I wish you a nice day and stop getting mad over nothing.
        the issue isnt that they should have stayed at home the issue is that they should of had faith in their god and the teachings of their god.

i have faith in my god that no one is going to invade my home, and i have faith in the teachins of my god that even if my home was invaded my life and the life of my family would be spared. when some one asks of you to go 1 mile go with them 2.

when some one invades your home share with them your riches and see them on their way. the religious man has no right to weild the sword.

Comment

Originally posted by Cereal View Post
          Also, I am not anti-religious, but to brashly claim that somebody else is taking your point 'to absurdity' seems fairly rich when your entire argument is based on a set of principles and beliefs which by their very nature as beliefs can never be refuted.
          belifes can easily be refuted, unless there is truth to the beliefs.

now what does that say about a set of beliefs that cannot be refuted with out absudity? some one is correct and some one is afraid of that person being correct.

Comment

The phrase 'my belief is the truth' is in itself a logical fallacy because a belief by its very nature is a psychological state in which an individual accepts something to be 'true' without any rational supporting evidence.

Comment

The phrase 'my belief is the truth' is in itself a logical fallacy because a belief by it's very nature is a psychological state in which an individual holds something to be 'true' without any rational supporting evidence.
              "my belife is the truth" when did i say that?

I said a belife that does not have truth behind it can easily be refuted.

ie if the belife does not have rational supporting evidence then it can be argued with out resorting to absurdities. simply partake in the belife and expose it.

as well in that some one must resort to absurdities then there must be some truth to the belife that is being argued against, or the person your argueing with is an idiot who can only come up with irrational absurdities.

Comment

belifes can easily be refuted, unless there is truth to the beliefs.
                You said it here, implying that there is 'truth' to your beliefs which is essentially exactly the same as saying 'my belief is true'.

I said a belife that does not have truth behind it can easily be refuted.
                Not, it can't. Your constant talk of people resorting to 'absurdity' to counter your arguments is pretty shortsighted.

Can you not fathom how some people would find it 'absurd' to believe in an omnipresent God who listens to everybody prayers, is responsible for everything in the universe, and who ushers people into either heaven or hell? When there is zero evidence to support this notion?

Like I said, if you view this set of beliefs from a rational position, it is no different that me saying 'I believe that the universe is in fact, run by squirrels who operate in a parallel universe'. Now, if there is no 'truth' to these beliefs, you should have no problem at all refuting them.

And please don't respond by saying that these are the absurdities which you are arguing against because the entire point is that neither set of 'beliefs' is far more absurd than the other, the only difference is that religion as we know it has become naturalized to the point that people forget the basic, illogical premises of a set of belief systems which they freely accept on faith and faith alone.

Anyway, like I said I'm not against religions but it is the refusal to hear counter-arguments or to decry critics as idiots which is disheartening.
                Last edited by Cereal; 08-10-2011, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Spartacus, you don't get it. One thing in life that is a gurantee, is death. When you are doing good, and you get killed, there is no shame in that. It is sad that they died to rioters, but what they did was their choice.

Habit faith if great, but you have to physically and mentally ty yourself as well. You can't just expect to get the best grades with prayers alone, you need to study. You can't expect to earn a lot of money without working, you need to work for hours.

Perhaps you fear getting out there because it's dangerous. Perhaps your community doesn't know you as well because your are at home.

What they did was walk around protecting their community and streets, as well as pray room. I would rather have them around my community than yourself who would be cowry in your own home.

Comment

You said it here, implying that there is 'truth' to your beliefs which means the same thing.

Anyway, like I said I'm not against religions but it is the refusal to hear counter-arguments or to decry critics as idiots which is disheartening.
                    "which by their very nature as beliefs can never be refuted. "

while your claim is that belifes can not be argued against?

your contradictions confuse me.

but to that point, its not the quote you stated that implies some truth to my belifes, but that my belifes are being argued against with absurdities that implies that my belife that if you are religious you should hold god over your posessions, that if you are religious you should hold your teachins over your posessions....does hold some truth.

any ways when some ones counter argument is that "sooo your saying you should never leave your house, huh real smart" when your argueing that you should have faith in your god and his teachings which would of had them stay at home in this situation....then yes the person clearly does not even grasp the conversation, and he is either an idiot or wrong and avoiding the fact their wrong by using absurdities.
                    Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 08-10-2011, 04:04 AM.

Comment

the issue isnt that they should have stayed at home the issue is that they should of had faith in their god and the teachings of their god.

i have faith in my god that no one is going to invade my home, and i have faith in the teachins of my god that even if my home was invaded my life and the life of my family would be spared. when some one asks of you to go 1 mile go with them 2.

when some one invades your home share with them your riches and see them on their way. the religious man has no right to weild the sword.
                      Having faith in God and protecting property aren't inconsistent.

Just because one has faith in God doesn't mean they should be inactive and assume God will provide for them.

Why not just sit at home all day then and pray money just finds its way through the door?

You seem to have a very archaic and fundamental interpretation of religion.

It was reported yesterday that muslims came out of a mosque and stopped rioting on Old Kent Road. So they should have just stayed in their mosque and prayed it will stop, because they believe in God?

I'm pleased they're not like you, using faith to hide behing cowardice.

Comment

Working...
                      X