Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd's best win tainted. Was Corrales really dehydrated and weak in the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Floyd's best win tainted. Was Corrales really dehydrated and weak in the fight

Excerpts:

For Corrales, it meant making the dreaded 130-pound limit one last time; one final episode of long days with only a grapefruit to eat, of jogging in rubber suits and of endless steam baths to get down to the limit. One more time, and he’d be off to the 135-pound lightweights and living fat, never having to take off those terrible final pounds again.

He walked up to the scale, and the fight was, in a sense, lost right there. For all his efforts in the steam bath that morning, shedding 8 pounds, he was still 132--two pounds overweight. He went back and sucked the 2 pounds off in time for the weigh-in. A day later, his body both starved and waterlogged from his ensuing rehydration, he entered the ring--146 pounds at fight time--and the results were a disaster.

http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/content?oid=14761

So you see folks, the history of weight draining was started by Floyd himself as early as 2001, months before Pac even had his first fight in the states.

Shane Mosley has said this before as well.

Oh yes, Floyd's best win was against a truly weight drained opponent. To the *****s, it must be Pacquiao's fault somehow.

Comment

He went back to 130. That doesn't change the fact that he struggled to make 130, I'm sure he did. In fact, all one has to do is look at Diego's overall size to know he had to have pushed himself to make weight. This happens a lot in boxing, JLC is another example of that, especially at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by _Hisoka View Post
        He went back to 130. That doesn't change the fact that he struggled to make 130, I'm sure he did. In fact, all one has to do is look at Diego's overall size to know he had to have pushed himself to make weight. This happens a lot in boxing, JLC is another example of that, especially at 135.
        Good.. a ***** realizing that making weight is part of the struggles that boxer has to go through.. Its part of a fighter's job description...

Roberto Duran was a listless fighter when he fought SRL in the second fight.

Hearns was the same when he fought SRL too..
        Last edited by mikemurni; 05-02-2011, 12:56 AM.

Comment

you're an idiot....

die off........

Comment

Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
            Good.. a ***** realizing that making weight is part of the struggles that boxer has to go through.. Its part of a fighter's job description...
            Still, I wouldn't say his win is tainted

Maybe MAYBE Corrales could have brought a little more to the ring, but that was all Floyd, Floyd was a monster that night.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
              you're an idiot....

die off........
              I provided you links. The article even has quotes... So go **** yourself...

Comment

Originally posted by _Hisoka View Post
                Still, I wouldn't say his win is tainted

Maybe MAYBE Corrales could have brought a little more to the ring, but that was all Floyd, Floyd was a monster that night.
                Doesnt change the fact that Corales was literally having problems making weight..

Comment

honestly....chico was dehydrated but even more troublesome; he was on his way to jail...I miss deigo,,,,i would have loved to see him fight pac.....he was 6ft fighting at 130lbs

Comment

Originally posted by educator06 View Post
                    honestly....chico was dehydrated but even more troublesome; he was on his way to jail...I miss deigo,,,,i would have loved to see him fight pac.....he was 6ft fighting at 130lbs
                    Yup.. And Floyd cleverly use that to get in to Corales head during their pre-fight press conferences...Its smart but just shows you Floyd would do everything malicious and indecent just to get in to a fighter's head..

Comment

Working...
                    X