No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Denis Boytsov......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Denis Boytsov......

Boytsov is a very promising top Russian heavyweight prospect...He has a record of 20-18 w/18 KO's and is only 21 years old....Boytsov has looked very impressive so far in his young career, he has all the tools necessary to be a great heavyweight....Exciting style, very good power, great handspeed, nice jab, killer instinct and a devastating body attack.

What are your thoughts on top heavyweight prospect Denis Boytsov??
    Last edited by WLAD OWNS; 03-20-2008, 11:53 PM.

Denis Boytsov is definitely one of the best prospects in the world. He isn't a big heavyweight, but Marciano and Tyson had success against larger men, and Chagaev defeated Valuev, so perhaps size isn't vital for success.

He has a very aggressive, crowd-pleasing style, and seems to have more one-punch KO power than Alexander Povetkin.

It will be interesting to see how he does against Robert Hawkins next month. Hawkins went the distance against Sam Peter and David Tua, and recently defeated Dominick Guinn and Terry Smith. Hawkins isn't easy to KO, although Virchis managed to do it.

Comment

I think he looks pretty good, and hey hes very young, so he shows some promise. I dont really think hes all that small to be honest, hes about the same size as Ibragimov and Chagaev, except hes actually in shape.

hes way better than that lousy ass Oleg Platov.

Comment

i like boytsov. i like the fact that he's 21 years of age, and i like that he's in good shape for a heavyweight. i like the way he fights. but in his 20 professional fights he fought big nobodies. and if he wants to make a name of himself like other european heavies had done (klitschko is a good example) he needs to start fighting in US and after 20 fights he needs to start fighting ranked guys. 20 fights against nobodies is more than enough to start matching yourself against a more serious competition.

Comment

He looks good, he looked much better in his last fight even though it was against a bum, the only thing i would say is that he is a bit to stand up for a small heavyweight I think he would do much better with a Peek a Boo style.

Comment

Originally posted by WLAD OWNS View Post
            Boytsov is a very promising top Russian heavyweight prospect...He has a record of 20-18 w/18 KO's and is only 21 years old....Boytsov has looked very impressive so far in his young career, he has all the tools necessary to be a great heavyweight....Exciting style, very good power, great handspeed, nice jab, killer instinct and a devastating body attack.

What are your thoughts on top heavyweight prospect Denis Boytsov??
            After the Hawkins fight we will know more. Its difficult to judge him so far because he has beaten only nobodies so far.

Comment

Originally posted by duffgun View Post
              He looks good, he looked much better in his last fight even though it was against a bum, the only thing i would say is that he is a bit to stand up for a small heavyweight I think he would do much better with a Peek a Boo style.
              Are we finally starting to see you becoming more objective in your opinion on those you've called "communist conks" Duffgun?

Comment

He's the best young heavyweight prospect I've seen.

I agree with duffgun that he should fight with more of a peekaboo than a standup style. That's why he should move to America (not b/c our competition is better . . . it isn't) and get the appropriate trainer.

He needs to take his time also, and others on here need to stop worrying about his lack of competition. Is there another 21 yr old who is fighting better HWs?

I'd like to see him against Haye in about a year, if Haye hasn't lost by then.

Comment

Young Joe Mesi? they seem to have a lot in common, inside the ring, I mean.

He is just 22 years old, I hope he carries his explosiveness all the way to the top, similar to Tyson.

Comment

Working...
                  X