No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Camp Not Interested in Price Fight, For Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury Camp Not Interested in Price Fight, For Now

Tyson Fury's trainer has told David Price to forget about facing his fighter in the near future.

Price remains keen to battle British rival Fury this year and his promoter Frank Maloney is willing to pay up to £1million to stage a heavyweight summer showdown in Liverpool or London.

But Peter Fury, who trains Tyson, insists the Wilmslow man is focusing on a world title shot and has no interest in fighting Liverpudlian Price in his own backyard.
    [Click Here To Read More]

And why would they be? It's only THE fight all of his fans want to see him in.

Comment

Its obvious fury wants to fight for a title and will end up messing it all up stepping in there with price. I dont mind waiting for this because as time goes on there will be more demand

Comment

It's so obvious Fury does not want to fight Price.

Why say all that stuff on national TV if you don't want him "for now?"

Comment

Here it is everyone, now you know who's avoiding who.

Comment

As predicted in the other thread.

Fury doesn't want to fight someone who will put an L on him while he might have a world title fight available soon.

Comment

Its alright, Price will eventually get his shot at Fury.

Comment

ha well duhhh! that pikie gave up his titles to avoid a fight with price, he isnt going to fight him voluntarily now is he?!!!! the small stiff idiot.

Comment

Fury wants no part of Price at the moment, that's been obvious for a while. He's high risk, low reward. Fury can get to where he needs to be without tackling Price so why risk the L?

I'm not sure Price will win, but Price has the power which Fury doesn't. Price is far more skilled, but Fury has improved massively in the last year, he was kind of a joke before, to me anyway.

Price's defence still worries me though. He has great offensive tools, but even a fat, old Matt Skelton was putting it on him at ease. Someone younger, fresher, with power, who can cope with Price's best shots might give him a tough time.

I wish more UK fighters would follow Amir Khan's path of upping sticks and relocating in America and learning their trade properly. Preferably before getting knocked out by Breidis Prescott. The UK scene is thriving right now, but I still don't see many escape the domestic scene and realise their full potential. Imagine if Price just said '**** it' and went and trained with Freddie or Virgil, or even Floyd Sr, to brush up that shifty defence. We've got some talented cats, just look at the 2012 Olympics, but do we have the trainers to get them to the top? Rob McCracken can't do it all on his own.
                  Last edited by cameltoe; 01-10-2013, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Like has been said, Hennessey knows that Price is a huge risk for Fury.

Fury got badly hurt against a feather fisted Canadian, getting hit flush by Price would certainly be interesting to see how his chin holds up.

I still hope for this fight in the summer but if it doesn't happen then Fury will go down a lot in my estimation.

I like Fury now but he needs to step up to the plate.

Comment

Working...
                    X