Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More heart breaking loss for you: Ali or Gatti?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
    I'm one of the minority here but I hated Ali as a fighter. I was watching his fights the other day again on ESPN Classic and goddamn he is truly overrated. He had a cowardly style as well.

Tyson would have disposed of that clown in 4 rounds, EASILY.

So watching Ali get beat was/is satisfying to see.

Gatti was a warrior with a huge heart, it was heartbreaking to see him leave it all out there, give everything he had, and come up short. You connected with fighters like Gatti, you connected to his fighting spirit. He was a true man in every sense of the word. So easily, Gatti losing is way more heart breaking to see than that runner Ali.
    Keyboard warriors are the real cowards.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
      Ali loss to Larry holmes Or Gatti loss to Mayweather

Their loss is very identical

For me is Gatti, even though Ali is my Fav of all time i grew up watching Gatti fights. he was the reason i love this sport so much.

i know he'll never gonna win but even after brutal beating for 6 rounds i still hoping Gatti will find another strenght for one last barrage like he always do.

Sadly it didn't happen.

Videos for reminder

Neither. I consider Ali an ATG but overrated and I loved Gatti, he was a warrior, but I was rooting for Floyd in that fight from the get-go.

Comment

Floyd would have beat Gatti's ass at any point in either of their careers. You can accept the circumstances.

Seeing the GOAT heavyweight lose like that makes a person sick to watch. It disturbed Holmes himself. You don't want to accept it, because you know that's not how it should have happened.
        Last edited by bojangles1987; 07-31-2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I'm sure the beat down Tyson gave Holmes put a lot of smiles on Ali fans faces.
          Last edited by UTEP; 07-31-2014, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Why and how are these 2 even being compared?

Comment

ali had like 10 wives and none of them strangled him with a purse strap.

i feel worse for arturo.

Comment

Why does it have to be Floyd? Didn't Oscar 'Gatti' Arturo Gatti before Mayweather? That was an azz whoopin.

Comment

how is ali overrated?

he's underrated tbh. most ppl put robinson ahead of him which i disagree with.

ali beat floyd patterson the greatest heavyweight mid-late 50's.

sonny liston the most feared heavyweight of early 60's.

joe frazier the champion of late 60's.

george foreman was invincible early 70's.

tyson beat ali? LMFAO

ali beat 4 tysons.

patterson, liston, frazier and foreman were the tyson of their era.

lol you kids need to learn boxing history.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    Why and how are these 2 even being compared?
                    Because these two are immortally beloved fighter, and their loss is very identical.

Not comparing their greatness.

my reason for choosing gatti is because he's the fighter of my era, i watch him since i was a kid and when i watch what floyd do to him my teenage heart can barely take it.

Comment

While I'm not gonna dispute over whether or not Gatti would have won, I think it's safe to assume that a younger Gatti who fought like he usually did would have likely made it through the whole fight with Mayweather instead of being forced to quit in the 6th round. Gatti trying to box with Mayweather had to be painful for his fans to watch, seeing how he had no real chance of winning the fight that way.

Still, like I said, it wasn't really "heartbreaking". In the end, he was up against a young, skilled, undefeated boxer in his prime. People didn't give Gatti much of a chance anyway. For the Gomez fight...look, whether you think he was good fighter or not, you HAD to feel his fans that night. Just like how fans thought Ali vs. Holmes wasn't suppose to turn out the way it did, Gatti vs. Gomez was the same way. That was just too hard to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X