Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO with another disgrace of commentating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont agree with you guys who think the 1st two rounds were dominated by Khan and it looked like a mismatch

I fully expected Khan to win this fight and thought he would be too quick with his hands but from the 1st round I recognised Khan was staying in punching range too long and was getting tagged. Even though the 1st two rounds were won by Khan I suddenly got interested in the fight becuase I thought these wild swings are going to take their affect if Khan doesnt sort his defence out and low and behold in the 3rd round he got tagged. No way was he cruising the 1st two. The signs were there all along from the start.

In regards to the commentary Kellerman made alot of Garcia wanting to touch gloves but didnt say anyything when it was Khan trying to touch gloves to start the 4th. Also the most stupid thing I heard was when they said "Khan has taken over " in the 4th round. OMG. He was getting battered the entire round on the verge of a KO defeat, everyone could see it coming but they said Khan had taken over ?! WTF Just confirms that Lampley cannot do his job properly.

Comment

I can't stand Jim Lampley. He is a **** rider who only mentions the punches of who he wants to win. Not only that he calls punches that didn't even land. Worse play by play guy i have ever heard in any sport.

Comment

Originally posted by RICH SPANIARD. View Post
        It looked like a mismatch till Garcia dropped Khan.

Round 1-2 were complete shutouts.
        How can people say that after two rounds of boxing. It is not like khan was beating Garcia from pillar to post.

Comment

I have been saying for years HBO commentators are horrible. They have been this way for a very long time now people are just finally fed up with all BS they spout for the house fighter. Things is HBO doesn't know how much folks think their commentators suck unless they are sent emails or tweets about it. That is why I feel they haven't made any changes in the way they call fights cause they don't really know the fan disgust.

Comment

I prefer HBO commentary to skys commentary here in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by Afactor4 View Post
              Khan definetly won the first two rounds. But HBO was making it seem as if he dominated him. They completely ignored Danny Garcia adjusting to Khans obvious handspeed advantage with his timing. Garcia was managing to get in at least 1 power punch in the middle of all of Khans flurries. It was only a matter of time.

And those compubox numbers were a travesty. Ridiculously and suspiciously inaccurate. What did they say "According to the compubox numbers Khan is masterfully annihilating Garcia" or something along those lines at the start of the third?
              thats the truth 3 punch combo and get 1 power shot in return good fight Danny!
              and I don't listen much to commentators to bias.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                I don't understand the recent fascination with Lampley's biases. Has everybody forgotten Barrera's career? For all the objectivity Lampley showed in Barrera's fights, he may as well have been wearing a cowboy hat screaming "Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold!"

To be fair to Lampley, there was that point where Garcia looked gassed and Khan hit him with a right that had Garcia back on the ropes. When your job is to hype a certain fighter, that statement is understating it. He could have said, "And now Garcia is wobbly! What a comeback by Khan! He may finish Garcia here!"

I guess he is saving that for the next fight he calls though.

Comment

I agree, they've been generally bad for 3-4 years now. Lampley used to be by far the best pbp man, and still is on rare occasions, but he has slipped immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

To be fair to Lampley, there was that point where Garcia looked gassed and Khan hit him with a right that had Garcia back on the ropes. When your job is to hype a certain fighter, that statement is understating it. He could have said, "And now Garcia is wobbly! What a comeback by Khan! He may finish Garcia here!"

I guess he is saving that for the next fight he calls though.
                    Yes, but seconds later Kellerman praise Garcia for being smart and not punching himself out of the fight and Jim agree. Jim was being very obvious of his bias.

His use of compubox to justify his comments is ridiculous. During Khan first KD, while he was falling, compubox added a punch to Khan's stats. *****ty system, IMO. Trying to fool everyone. SMH

Comment

Which is why I watch it muted

Comment

Working...
                      X