No announcement yet.

Who Did Better vs Mayweather: Canelo or Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Did Better vs Mayweather: Canelo or Pacquiao

I'm not sure if this has been asked before. Since both Canelo and Pacquiao laid an egg vs Mayweather, which of the two would you consider did better versus Mayweather?

Them Versus Mayweather:
    • Overall Punches: Canelo threw more punches than Pacquaio and landed at a tid bit higher percentage.
    • Jabs: Canelo threw more jabs and landed more and at a higher percentage than Pacquiao.
    • Power Punches: Pacquiao threw less power punches and landed more than Canelo and at a higher percentage.

Mayweather Against Them:
    • Overall Punches: Mayweather threw more overall punches against Canelo and landed more and at a higher percentage then he did vs Pacquiao.
    • Jabs: Same as above, Mayweather threw more jabs and landed at a higher percentage against Canelo then he did vs Pacquiao.
    • Power Punches: Same as above, Mayweather threw more power punches and landed at a higher percentage against Canelo then he did vs Pacquiao.

Looks like Mayweather was more aggressive vs Canelo and more accurate against him than he was vs Pacquiao, but at the same time, Canelo had more success in landing against Mayweather than Pacquiao did.

Other Factors to Consider:

Canelo was just 23 years old, pre-prime, his first big event and I won't say weight-drained but by agreement, he weighed in 2 lbs below the weight limit, and Canelo is naturally bigger than Mayweather.

Pacquiao was past prime, he was a veteran in terms of big fights/events, he's naturally smaller than Mayweather and supposedly had a an arm injury.

Score Cards:

Mayweather vs Canelo

116/112 Mayweather
    114/114 Draw
    117/111 Mayweather

Mayweather vs Pacquiao

116/112 Mayweather
    118/110 Mayweather
    116/112 Mayweather

Everything considered, what letter grade would you give each Canelo and Pacquiao's performance vs Mayweather?
    Canelo did better
    17.50%
    Pacquiao did better
    82.50%

Both did about as well as you can do while trying to box with Floyd.

Comment

Pacquiao hurt Floyd at least once and won more than a round. Pacquiao did better.

Pointless poll

Comment

Pacquiao

Comment

MD L > UD L

CANELO, DUH

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
            Both did about as well as you can do while trying to box with Floyd.
            Pacquiao actually won some rounds. I think Canelo lost every second of every round.

It's all about styles though, so these threads don't matter. Pacquiao is more aggressive even at an older age then Canelo who is a boxer-puncher and wants to counter more by nature, so it was always a bad match up stylewise for Canelo (despite being bigger/younger).

Comment

In terms of how the fight looked? Pacquiao looked more foolish at times than Canelo so I'd have to go Canelo looked better... Not that he looked good but seeing Pac flail around aimlessly and visibly show frustration was tough.

Maybe I'm crazy but I'd probably have to go back as far as Baldomir or something to find someone who looked as lost as Pac. Canelo didn't look ready and had a s hit plan. I don't think Pac could in a rematch do any better than he did and I think that's where the big difference is to me. I think Pac loses to Floyd 1000 times out of 1000 but I think Canelo could probably steal one in some parallel universe fighting big and uptra agressive...I guess...

Pac has earned the right to have an edge vs Canelo in a p4p type of discussion. But just because Pac is the better fighter doesn't mean he did better.

Comment

Gotta be Pacquiao. Landed a handful of crisp shots that got Mayweather's attention and won a few rounds. Canelo never really looked to be in the fight in my view.

Comment

manny.. i mean atleast he tried.

Comment

What is going on today?

Comment

Working...
                    X