No announcement yet.

This is just a Publicity stunt to PROMOTE the fight and sell more PPV's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is just a Publicity stunt to PROMOTE the fight and sell more PPV's

You have to be one stupid mofo to believe that this fight is not going to happen because of the bloodtest.

Im sure both of the Promoting parties have gotten together and are planing the promotion of this fight step by step. After this Steroid and Olympic testing issue is over, they will come up with another dilemma....This will continue until the fight's made and they'll need to find new ways to Promote the fight.

Making it as conterversial as possible seems to be working just fine IMO...Look how many heads they've turned so far. Now they even got Cotto fans believeing that Manny might be on something. Imagine how many more of Cotto's fans will buy the fight now to see if Manny is going to fight any differently now that he is being constantly blood tested.

WHoever is promoting this fight is one smart on of a gun, I'll tell you that. They're doing a great job so far scaring you ignorant fans to death and using you to bring more hype to the fight.

Stay busy posting until the next promoting issue comes up. I'm sure it's going to be a more interesting case than the Blood-test issue

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow's headlines read that Pac and Money finally signed the contracts.

Comment

I don't think it's a jointed effort to promote the fight by insuiating that one of its competitors is on steroids, but I don't think it's something that will kill the fight either.

It's more negotiations and gamesmanship.

Comment

As soon as I saw 'Pacman-Mayweather fight in jeopardy' I knew it was a promotional stunt. Don't believe ANYTHING until it is official. This fight will happen, no doubt. Mayweather knows what hes doing, the day Mayweather announced his retirement I said it was a promotional stunt to stage a huge pay day 'comeback' fight, unfortunately for him there was a credit crunch, haha. But no credit crunch will stop this PPV taking place.

Comment

They're using you people like Oscar used his Mexican fans to get rich. They're showing no respect for you boxing fans whatsoever.

Comment

this fight will NOT happen. Pac' legacy is in shambles and a suspicious cloud of steroid useage has beriddled the world of sports when it comes to pac. you have to be an idiot to think this fight will still happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockfighter69 View Post
              this fight will NOT happen. Pac' legacy is in shambles and a suspicious cloud of steroid useage has beriddled the world of sports when it comes to pac. you have to be an idiot to think this fight will still happen.

Comment

this is exactly what i said on the get your facts straight radio show....its a marketing ploy. also **** these corporate dirty bastards..ill watch a beautiful live stream just like i did with pacquiao-cotto and mayweather-marquez. and dont tell me "oo your not supporting the greatest fight in the world" bull ****..im not sticking my money in these promoters pockets.
                Last edited by Tmann400; 12-24-2009, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tymann23 View Post
                  this is exactly what i said on the get your facts straight radio show....its a marketing ploy
                  It's a very creative marketing ploy too.. Mayweather SR deserves some credit for helping set the base foundations for promoting this fight (even though he probably believed Pac was on steroids).

It wouldn't be a bad thing to give him a tiny bit percentage out of the purse split

Comment

I hope it really is just for publicity, I can't imagine an event this huge being cancelled!

Comment

Working...
                    X