Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry but ISIS are no different to anyone who is religious.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even as an atheist this statement is absurd. Muslims have a demented ideology and mentality that I can assure you my 88 year old grandmother does not hold. The whole premise of your argument is flawed and can be repudiated with countless examples. Stick to science fella.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
      Well, I've seen that many atheists are so because they are angry or sad about something that has happened to them in life. Like why would God let this happen, type of stuff.

Just saying.

I helped bring my Dad to faith, prior to his passing. My mother is technically a Christian, but her belief system is not as complete, imo.

well, as much fun as this was, I need to go get my teeth pulled
      Yeah but overall world issues not personal issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
        Well, I've seen that many atheists are so because they are angry or sad about something that has happened to them in life. Like why would God let this happen, type of stuff.

Just saying.

I helped bring my Dad to faith, prior to his passing. My mother is technically a Christian, but her belief system is not as complete, imo.

well, as much fun as this was, I need to go get my teeth pulled
        Did you read the Quran before becoming a Christian ?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            Even as an atheist this statement is absurd. Muslims have a demented ideology and mentality that I can assure you my 88 year old grandmother does not hold. The whole premise of your argument is flawed and can be repudiated with countless examples. Stick to science fella.
            Why is it absurd to tell a 15 year old boy that of he blows himself up in Times Square on nye he will get 72 Virgins but it's not absurd to tell the same kid if he doesn't go to certain building every Sunday and pray and instead listens to Slayer he's going to burn in hell for all eternity ?

Both are equally ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              I see but I rarely agree with majority of the things you post on here so no surprise there.
              We joined the site around the same date but all I can recall from you is that avatar. I just hope you're not one of those liberal atheists who only attacks christianity but is afraid to do the same to islam, the real religious threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                Why is it absurd to tell a 15 year old boy that of he blows himself up in Times Square on nye he will get 72 Virgins but it's not absurd to tell the same kid if he doesn't go to certain building every Sunday and pray and instead listens to Slayer he's going to burn in hell for all eternity ?

Both are equally ridiculous.
                They're both absurd but they are not equal. The implications are vastly different and the actions are vastly different. There is different levels to any mental illness.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                  We joined the site around the same date but all I can recall from you is that avatar. I just hope you're not one of those liberal atheists who only attacks christianity but is afraid to do the same to islam, the real religious threat.
                  I attack all of them. I haven't seen any muslims on here behaving like Syf to take on but if you find one let me know. I'll go after them too. I actually have a burning question to ask a muslim.

Comment

The crusades ?
                    Why do dumb dums always refer to the crusades as something morally repugnant. Do you know the back history of crusades, and exactly who the Church funded the war against? The crusades were a direct response to the Islamic Turkish hordes conquering vast territories in the middle east, while having their eyes set on Europe. You should be thankful for the crusades, or else you might've been yelling praises of Allah Akbar today.

Exactly but it's a lot easier to talk a religious person into doing your bidding than your average joe who doesn't believe in Harry Potter and spaghetti monsters.
                    You are naive to think that your average joe wont find something else to put his faith in in the absence of religion. Communists in the Soviet Union didn't believe in religion, they had their own ideology, care to find out how many millions died in the span of 50 years due to that ideology?

Are you the same religion as your parents ?

Mankind has worshiped over 3000 different forms of God yet the one your parents worshiped just happens to be the one true God right ?
                    Where are those 3000 different forms of God today? The Judeo-Christian God is as old as any of them, yet he thrives, where have the other 2999 gods went?
                    Last edited by Enayze; 06-25-2016, 09:54 AM.

Comment

The crusades ?

Comment

Working...
                      X