Collapse
No announcement yet.

*** Ricky Burns vs Kevin Mitchell RBR + undercard Discussion ***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burns shoud face the winner of Gamboa-Demarco next. CAN'T WAIT.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
      Mitchell was stupid. He was trying to out jab a guy who's gameplan is to box at range and land that straight right hand over the top using distance and reach. He might have stood a better chance if he went to war from the outset, but he elected to fight at range and got promptly put away.

Credit to Burn's though. Mitchell isn't a slouch, he just doesn't have the intelligence needed to cut it as a world champ. On the other hand Burn's knows what he is good at and does it with style. Impressive from Burns, severely disappointed in Mitchell. He isn't the sum of his parts.
      He outjabbed Burns in the first round quite clearly.. Burns adapted,Mitchell couldn't...

I personally think burns should move up in weight if he struggled to make the weight regardless of the impressive win...besides I doubt he'd want to fight Broner or Gamboa

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        I seriously doubt Burns will travel.
        This.

Probably will be Rees next.

Comment

No need for Burns to travel tbf.

He could move to a stadium and sell 20,000 in Glasgow; that type of crowd and atmosphere wouldn't be anywhere else in the division.

No though, fights against Broner or Gamboa wouldn't be fights he could win. The rest of the division? Why not.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            No need for Burns to travel tbf.

He could move to a stadium and sell 20,000 in Glasgow; that type of crowd and atmosphere wouldn't be anywhere else in the division.

No though, fights against Broner or Gamboa wouldn't be fights he could win. The rest of the division? Why not.
            Wonder if Gamboa will travel tho. Winnable fight and good $$$. Altho these Cubans didn't mind traveling back then when they just started in the US but now that they're building a fanbase I doubt they will. =/

Comment

so disappointed, really.

Kev got sonned.

Burns is a problem. He is very strong.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Wonder if Gamboa will travel tho. Winnable fight and good $$$. Altho these Cubans didn't mind traveling back then when they just started in the US but now that they're building a fanbase I doubt they will. =/
                I don't think travelling would be an issue for Gamboa.

He's fought in different parts of the US, he's fought in Germany and he doesn't have a big fan-base. He would get good money to travel over here and could pick up another belt in the process; 'd say he's the more likely to travel.

Comment

Didnt see the fight, I don't understand this result at all.

Mitchell took Murrays power fine, and Prescott in the past...how did he get blown out by Burns?

Getting caught by Katsidis you can understand, Mitchell is a complete enigma to me.

Comment

Was all over from round 2, he seen Mitchell only had a left hook and kept his right up high.

Sonned Kevin ''The toffee hammer'' *****ell and that will be the last time I bet against Burns lol

Good performance from the Scot.

Comment

• Out of Arthur, Burns, Murray, Mitchell, etc. I always thought Mitchell would turn out to be the best, the star. Never saw Burns coming

Comment

Working...
                      X