No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquaio was a great fighter used as a pawn by the media and Bob Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquaio was a great fighter used as a pawn by the media and Bob Arum

I remember the first time I saw manny fight....it was on the lewis-tyson undercard...he was a dynamo and I told my brother, "this kid is going to be special"

I was right.....122-130 Manny was one of my favorite fighters to watch. He took an L to my boy Morales and I was upset they wouldnt let morales come in over 130...so be it....Manny won the series

Manny was putting together a hall of fame career and then he moved to 147....it was wide open. Mayweather retired. They wanted a new face of boxing

I just never bought into all the hype of the late 2000s...he was a great fighter but not this top 5 atg the media tried to make him, I just didnt see it.

I saw a great fighter, being used as a savior to rid the world of another great fighter....floyd mayweather

Pushing everything that looked shady under the rug....even idiots in the media and this site saying "if he is so good, he can beat Manny if he is clean or not, why he b!tching over drug testing?" A few years go by and everyone is getting busted

roach admitting he didnt know what was in his pre work out drink....WHO ELSE GETS AWAY WITH THAT? NO ONE

after he beat de la hoya he became the great hope....no one was on the horizon...mayweather didnt have that rival

they tried to make Manny a rival but he never was....from day one I just couldnt see how he could beat floyd and went life and death with Marquez and lost to Morales at 130....how was manny gonna beat a fighter who does everything better than the guys he struggles to beat

being a nice guy doesnt make you better as a fighter

once he got past 130 it was a little smoke and mirros....big name opponents coming off of loses, bad showings, or tko losses

Cotto, ODLH, Rios, Hatton, Mosley.....none of them looked impressive before facing him.....yet Mayweather fought them after big wins.
    People dont realize its when and who you beat...not just the name....the media had casuals puddie in their hands

Arum milking him dry...putting him in with floyd's left overs then people eating it up like its the best thing since sliced bread

I respect Manny Pacquaio, I just dont appreciate how the media tried to force feed him being great, we KNOW he is great...he just was never the greatest of all time, the greatest of his era, or even the fighter of the decade. How can you be the fighter of the decade in a decade you lost in, have a draw, and the other guy up for it went undefeated beat your common opponents first and clearly and was a champion since 1998?

didnt floyd won the fight so why is his fans still sour about it?

Comment

Exactly!! If he were black or Hispanic ....... Just another good fighter..., in a long tradition of good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
        Floyd did win, tell that to spoon and his posse!

I loved it when manny smashed Marg. the ref should have stopped it. PAC was ruined after that fight, marg's hard head, and a stupid ref. for me, marg got Knocked out in that fight.

Should have been stopped, yes or no??

Did it hurt PAC, mentally, I say yes!! PAC has a heart!!

****ty ref.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          Exactly!! If he were black or Hispanic ....... Just another good fighter..., in a long tradition of good fighters.
          if he was black or hispanic he would be looked at as greater than floyd! stop playing yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            Floyd did win, tell that to spoon and his posse!

I loved it when manny smashed Marg. the ref should have stopped it. PAC was ruined after that fight, marg's hard head, and a stupid ref. for me, marg got Knocked out in that fight.

Should have been stopped, yes or no??

Did it hurt PAC, mentally, I say yes!! PAC has a heart!!

****ty ref.
            but it was a floyd fans who made this thread complaining.

just thought its weird.

Comment

bro if you read the entire post, I've been a big fan of manny's since 2002....i just dont like how the media used him and used him and sucked him dry

Before he went to 147, he was just a great fighter making his way

Then after he beat Oscar they started force feeding us how great he was suppose to be because they WANTED floyd Mayweather to lose

I've followed Manny over a decade.....he was a great fighter, but the media tried to make him out to be better than he was, and swept a lot of shady things under the rug.

One thing that always bothered me is how their is an excuse for every lose he had. Maybe the other guy was the better man that day.

Also I've suffered shoulder injuries man...I respect manny as a fighter.....as a man, he may have some real character issues or he may be a puppet.

No way in hell can you do all the things he did in the ring,before during and after the fight with a rotator cuff tear.....no complaints, no wincing, no rub down

I lost a lot of respect for him during that time, they were just saving face. Its cool because anyone who has suffered similar injuries wasnt buying it....I wasnt...I strained my rotator cuff over a year ago and wouldnt have been able to do what he did with a little strain.

the media chewed him up and spit him out when he wasnt useful anymore

all the shady stuff that went on over the years and anti-gay remarks got him.....***** you'll get tore down in america over gay remarks before you will over mexicans or blacks being disrespected

Comment

but it was a floyd fans who made this thread complaining.

just thought its weird.
                Do you agree that the ref ****ed PAC by not stopping that fight? Makes me sick to see PAC look to the ref asking, "c'mon, stop this fight, no point to continue beating the crap out of this guy..!"

That fight pissed me off, PAC was robbed of a TKO win, and PAC lost his killer instinct! PAC was big enough to do damage, serious damage, but not big enough to stop Mr. plaster of Paris hands.
                Last edited by Zaroku; 03-30-2016, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  bro if you read the entire post, I've been a big fan of manny's since 2002....i just dont like how the media used him and used him and sucked him dry

Before he went to 147, he was just a great fighter making his way

Then after he beat Oscar they started force feeding us how great he was suppose to be because they WANTED floyd Mayweather to lose

I've followed Manny over a decade.....he was a great fighter, but the media tried to make him out to be better than he was, and swept a lot of shady things under the rug.

One thing that always bothered me is how their is an excuse for every lose he had. Maybe the other guy was the better man that day.

Also I've suffered shoulder injuries man...I respect manny as a fighter.....as a man, he may have some real character issues or he may be a puppet.

No way in hell can you do all the things he did in the ring,before during and after the fight with a rotator cuff tear.....no complaints, no wincing, no rub down

I lost a lot of respect for him during that time, they were just saving face. Its cool because anyone who has suffered similar injuries wasnt buying it....I wasnt...I strained my rotator cuff over a year ago and wouldnt have been able to do what he did with a little strain.

the media chewed him up and spit him out when he wasnt useful anymore

all the shady stuff that went on over the years and anti-gay remarks got him.....***** you'll get tore down in america over gay remarks before you will over mexicans or blacks being disrespected
                  thats part of life bruh. the media wants attention. did u lose respect for floyd when he pulled that glove thing with chino?

Comment

thats part of life bruh. the media wants attention. did u lose respect for floyd when he pulled that glove thing with chino?
                    I liked chino making it rough, **** Floyd, Manny, and Marqupez!

Rip Salvador Sanchez!

Comment

Working...
                    X