Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sweet child o mine vs smells like teen spirit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grunge blows.....I'd rather have a root canal with a rusty needle than listen to Nirvana

Poet

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        Grunge blows.....I'd rather have a root canal with a rusty needle than listen to Nirvana

Poet
        youre probably in your early 20s when grunge become popular. you really didnt like them? what do you think of nirvana's lyrics?

Comment

slash sweet child of mine solo KO 1 garbage ass teen spirit

nirvana had better songs, i mean it was an ok song but idk what makes vh1 go nuts on every count down about how it revolutionized the world, cured cancer, brought down the berlin wall and made oprah loose 100 pounds for the first time. Jesus christ give it a rest already, music changes all the time, there were 100 other alternative bands at the time too, they act like if nirvana never formed Poison would still be filling stadiums until the late 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by Anton.Brilliant View Post
            no. nirvana is my favorite band, but they didn't start anything they made alt rock popular, but they didn't invent anything.

right.
            Well between them and Pearl Jam they gave that style of music the spotlight and brought it to the masses no?
            They may not have created that sound, but they are credited with having a massive influence surely?

Comment

Originally posted by RetiringScene View Post
              youre probably in your early 20s when grunge become popular. you really didnt like them? what do you think of nirvana's lyrics?
              poet's from the northwest too, so that's surprising. maybe he's had his fill of it by the time it became popular, and just hates it.

Originally posted by chav View Post
              Well between them and Pearl Jam they gave that style of music the spotlight and brought it to the masses no?
              They may not have created that sound, but they are credited with having a massive influence surely?
              right. they popularized it.

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              slash sweet child of mine solo KO 1 garbage ass teen spirit

nirvana had better songs, i mean it was an ok song but idk what makes vh1 go nuts on every count down about how it revolutionized the world, cured cancer, brought down the berlin wall and made oprah loose 100 pounds for the first time. Jesus christ give it a rest already, music changes all the time, there were 100 other alternative bands at the time too, they act like if nirvana never formed Poison would still be filling stadiums until the late 90s.
              oh come on. there's a reason why they go gaga for it. you act as if they don't hold sweet child in high esteem as well.

besides. vh1 sucks anyway. interstate love song was one of the top 5 songs in the 90's and they've never put it on any list.

Comment

Originally posted by Anton.Brilliant

right. they popularized it.
                They certainly led me towards grunge or "alt rock" as before that It was all about GnR, Iron Maiden, Anthrax and Megadeath for me.

I remember the exact moment when I learnt about Kurt Cobains death...I can still vividly remember the moment.

Comment

sweet child is a sh#t song

teen spirit is overrated as well, but i give it the nod over sweet child of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post

Poet

probably my favorite songs from soundgarden and alice in chains. both are the first songs on albums, i think. badmotorfinger from soundgarden and tripod from AIC

two huge bands of my childhood that invariably shaped my character and musical tastes.

i don't listen to tunes like this a lot these days, but f#ck man, it's great music.
                    Last edited by New England; 11-12-2012, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

probably my favorite songs from soundgarden and alice in chains. both are the first songs on albums, i think. badmotorfinger from soundgarden and tripod from AIC

two huge bands of my childhood that invariably shaped my character and musical tastes.

i don't listen to tunes like this a lot these days, but f#ck man, it's great music.
                      Soundgarden was underrated. They were every bit as good as Nirvana or Pearl Jam.

Comment

Working...
                      X