Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are The 3 Worst Decisions You Have Ever Seen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are The 3 Worst Decisions You Have Ever Seen?

Please share your list, here's mine -

1. Pernell Whitaker vs Jose Luis Ramirez 1 - I just watched this and scored it 120-108, that's right, 12 rounds to nothing, for Sweet Pea. I had him winning every single round and I only thought there was 1 were Ramirez was competitive (The 8th), but I still thought he lost it. Usually when I watch a robbery or just a bad decision in general, it makes me upset and angry, but towards the end of this I actually started laughing to myself because Ramirez was just getting owned that badly. I still can't believe that they gave it to him. He got completely and utterly schooled.

2. Richard Abril vs Brandon Rios - I had Abril winning 119-109 and I thought the round that I gave to Rios was close enough to have gone the other way. The rounds here were more competitive than in Whitaker-Ramirez but Abril still won at least 10 of them in my eyes. Brandon "Bob Arum's next cash cow" Rios got the decision, even though he didn't land any meaningful punches and Abril hit him completely at will.

3. Lennox Lewis vs Evander Holyfield 1 - I had Lewis winning 119-110 and it was ruled a draw. I could see maybe 3 rounds for Holyfield but that would be being very generous. Evander appeared to get hit with 3 or 4 punches for every one he landed. I have seen far more competitive fights than this that the judges scored 120-108 or 119-109 across the board (Toshiaki Nishioka vs Rendall Munroe and Nonito Donaire vs Omar Narvaez are two examples where the loser was far more effective than Holyfield)

Please give me your thoughts. I know that there will be other opinions/choices and I am interested in learning about them.
    Last edited by JK1700; 07-26-2012, 04:49 PM.

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
    The worst decision are in the fights that people don't really care about. Those you mentioned are NOTHING in comparision to those:
    1. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. - Carlos Molina I
    2. DeMarcus Corley - Fariz Kazimov
    3. Krzysztof Cieslak - Dariusz Snarski I
    Alle just unthinkable...
    "Honorable" mention :
    Johnny Armour - Francis Ampofo I (TV commentators thought it was all right... huh?)
    Ray Mercer - Marion Wilson
    Sinan Samil Sam - Paolo Vidoz
    A 12 round shutout is far worse than a 6 round shutout. Did you really think Whitaker-Ramirez 1 was competitive? I watched the fight about an hour ago and I can't even remember if Ramirez landed a serious/clean punch or not. He missed so much that it was actually funny to watch. It seemed like he missed 90% of his punches while Whitaker landed about 80% of his. I appreciate the feedback and will try to catch some of those.
    Last edited by JK1700; 07-26-2012, 05:08 PM.

Comment

It's hard to sort through them. At the moment I'll go with these:

1. Christy Martin against Belinda Lauraquente (sp?)
      2. Glen Johnson-Daniel Judah
      3. Casamayor's gift versus that one guy

Comment

Harold Johnson-Willie Pastrano

Comment

Ramirez-Whitaker I and Casamayor-Santa Cruz are the first two I can think of. Just despicable. I'd choose Lewis-Holy I, except that it was a draw and at least Lennox went home with his title. So my third choice will be Ellis-Patterson. It wasn't the very worst decision, but it bothered me plenty. Bradley-Pacquiao was the most recent "worst decision ever", but its been mostly forgotten already.

Comment

I can't even go back and watch Whitaker vs. Ramirez 1. That's how bad that decision was.

Comment

How about Whitaker-Chavez or Paul Williams-Erislandy Lara? I guess I'd throw in Holmes-Spinks. I thought Holmes even edged out Spinks in the first fight, plus I've heard in a close fight judges usually give it to the champion, but I guess they didn't because Holmes was too outspoken at the time? Either way, he definitely should've got the decision in the second fight, so I'll say Holmes-Spinks 2 for my third pick.

I'd also throw in Foreman-Briggs. No way Briggs should've won that. The even worse part was that made Briggs the lineal heavyweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                How about Whitaker-Chavez or Paul Williams-Erislandy Lara? I guess I'd throw in Holmes-Spinks. I thought Holmes even edged out Spinks in the first fight, plus I've heard in a close fight judges usually give it to the champion, but I guess they didn't because Holmes was too outspoken at the time? Either way, he definitely should've got the decision in the second fight, so I'll say Holmes-Spinks 2 for my third pick.

I'd also throw in Foreman-Briggs. No way Briggs should've won that. The even worse part was that made Briggs the lineal heavyweight champion.
                I can understand scoring it for Foreman, but there have been much worse decisions than that.

Comment

Emanuel Augustus vs Courtney Burton - hands down worst dec. ever.
                  "nuff said.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. I really appreciate it and i'll definitely catch up on some of the ones mentioned. There's quite a few that have been mentioned that I haven't seen yet. This is the best part of the forum.

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                    I gave Ramirez 3 rounds, he dominated, but he was nowhere near as dominant as Carlos Molina against Jr.. Molina just beat the living **** out of this dude. Not comparable man .
                    Like I said before, I had it a 12 round shutout. If you counted the amount of clean punches that Ramirez landed then you probably would have only needed one hand to do it. The guy got offensively and defensively schooled in every single round except one, which I still thought he lost. I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that Molina-Chavez Jr was worse, considering that it was only a 6 rounder. If Chavez Jr got beat up like that for 12 rounds then I could see your point about it being a worse decision, but it was half as long and I thought Whitaker was just as if not more dominant over 12 rounds as Molina was over 6. I'd love to know which rounds you gave to Ramirez. 3? I think 1 is being generous.

Another thing, you shouldn't judge the closeness/one sidedness of fights on who looked more beat up. There have been plenty of fights where the clear winner looked like the loser and looked like he took a lot more punishment than he really did. So that's irrelevant. You should judge it on the closeness of the rounds. Molina hit Chavez Jr with harder punches than Whitaker hit Ramirez but he also took a few here and there, where as Whitaker hardly got hit at all. Plus Whitaker actually got a loss on his record for that travesty instead of a world title, and he had to wait a year and a half for a rematch. Molina only got a draw, not a loss, and two months later he got a rematch. Overall I don't see how you can call it a worse decision. If you have any more to add to this debate, please do.

Originally posted by mehoe View Post
                    Emanuel Augustus vs Courtney Burton - hands down worst dec. ever.
                    "nuff said.
                    That was absolutley terrible, but I can remember a few that haven't even been mentioned that I thought were worse. I think I had Burton winning 2 or 3 rounds. I thought Gabriel Campillo vs Beibut Shumenov 2 was worse.
                    Last edited by JK1700; 07-27-2012, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X