No announcement yet.

Police kill more whites than blacks, but minority deaths generate more outrage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Here are some mug shots, of non white looking Latinos/hispanics listed as WHITE, Yurikis Gamboa the dark afro Cuban boxer was also listed as White Caucasian on his mugshot.

Also Julianna Pena a dark skin latina was also listed as white female on her mugshot

Those stats are inflated, they list these Latinos Hispanics as white. So a lot of those so called white criminals aren't actually European white decent.

LOOOOOOOOOL

how can you look at gamboa and put his ethnicity down as white?

Comment

at that poster who couldnt even understand his own statistics....

i guess its true,

posters who are in red just cant do math...

smdh...

Last edited by SterlingStained; 07-08-2016, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Leave the threads open. One reason things are like this with race is because people shut the discussion down and don't want to keep it real about it.

I have also disregarded those who try to tell a race of people something about their own race. That's not your place to tell them how they should feel. If you're not going to talk to your own about how to make things better, shut up. Don't tell the actual victims that they need to change something to NOT be a target.

I'm okay with the difference in opinion but don't be out of touch with reality or naive. Even when death happens people have a....BUT. Someone died due to cops, who should have other ways of constraining a person, and you'll basically keep saying black people (and others) truly don't matter. It's this assumption that they deserved to die. If you're always saying, it was the black person's fault they died, then you're apart of the problem.

Dead people can't defend themselves but the alive and well can.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          nothing will change without discussions like this.
          I agree.

Shutting people up just causes bad feelings to build, let people get their concerns off their chest.

Free discussion helps to dispel myths and get people to research their facts.

Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post
          Leave the threads open. One reason things are like this with race is because people shut the discussion down and don't want to keep it real about it.
          Last edited by The Hammer; 07-08-2016, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            We're considering shutting down all these race topic threats. It's a very contentious issue at the moment and invariably these threads devolve into displays of racism and bigotry.
            I think you should leave it open. Have this as an outlet for people to vent their frustrations. Otherwise, you might have more Dallas incidents. Healthy discussion is what we need so that we can get to the bottom of the issue. Besides, it's a forum. We need to discuss topics here. What better place to discuss this issue than here on the lounge?

Comment

I'm of the opinion that you cannot go throughout life without some type of prejudice. It's purely human nature. All of us go through unique experiences. Millions of them. Our experiences shape our own realities. You can have 2 different people look at the exact same ambiguous subject, event, whatever, and they'll come to 2 different conclusions. Even something that doesn't seem ambiguous, I will bet they will have 2 different thoughts on it.

This is important when it comes to the events that have unfolded and how they played out. The officers involved in these situations might very well have prejudice attitudes towards a certain type of people. You don't just wake up one day and become that kind of person. You are molded from the day you were born. Experiences shape that reality. As far as police hiring processes go, they're already fairly strict. In depth background checks and all. Something like a prejudice attitude might be hard to detect in an individual.

I'm not saying any of this is justified, we need to get to the root of the issue and understand why it happened. Getting livid about it, while certainly understandable and expected, doesn't solve the issue. We need to think of this from a psychological, sociological perspective. Maybe these officers have PTSD and are more jumpy than others. These are things that need to be looked into. I want to hear the other side of the story too, and I'm sure we will hear more as it unfolds.

Comment

A very aggressive style of policing can also be a problem and that's a training/department issue.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                  A very aggressive style of policing can also be a problem and that's a training/department issue.
                  profiling works.

statistically speaking profiling works.

it worked in new york, they took it down and crime went up.

Ask Isrealis if profiling works....

Comment

Did you know a lot of those supposed whites are actually dark skin hispanics? You can look online and someone found thousands of mug shots or arrest records and the dark skin latino non white looking guy is listed as caucasian inflating the crime rate for whites.
                    Hahahahahahaha! Are they on your ***** azz ignore list...
                    We cool Phaggot or not.

Comment

Here are some mug shots, of non white looking Latinos/hispanics listed as WHITE, Yurikis Gamboa the dark afro Cuban boxer was also listed as White Caucasian on his mugshot.

Also Julianna Pena a dark skin latina was also listed as white female on her mugshot

Those stats are inflated, they list these Latinos Hispanics as white. So a lot of those so called white criminals aren't actually European white decent.

Perhaps they said they're white so that they will not be mixed with blacks and get their ass raped by black cons.....

Comment

Working...
                      X