Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are some boxers allowed to cheat and earn respect as being "crafty" "Skilled"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy, that Manny Pacquiao. He'd eat Rigondeaux for breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      When's the last time you saw a fighter get points deducted for clinching. And why single out American refs when wlad holds the clinch record and got no oenalty. Wait don't answer that, I already know why
      It's strange how it's become acceptable

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
        It's strange how it's become acceptable

that is horrible.

Comment

Now what you and many are dong is PREPARING EXCUSES, "CHEATING" is your excuse if the guy you want to win DON'T DELIVER! INSIDE FIGHT and CLINCHING goes back to JACK JOHNSON...

they are not going to change the rules and move it for your favorite fighter so he can prosper more in the sport.

PREPARE FOR IT, have something to counter it with, be prepared to fight back and push back inside. I see James DeGale do it vs Brandon Gonzalez, also Arthur Abraham did good pushing Ward back inside. Anthony Dirrell also was prepared for Bika dirty tactics in the rematch as well

Refs not going to DQ a fighter for Clinching especially when the ref calls BREAK and the fighter lets go. So you can fight in any country you want, Germany allows Wlad to Clinch and Lean on top of his opponent, UK allow Fury to Clinch and Lean on top of his opponents...that's not cheating for them right?

Stop Preparing Excuses! You know Ward style before going in with him, GGG or who ever fight him just have to be PREPARED for his Inside Tactics. If not then be prepared to get picked apart and roughed up inside! The fact that you already screaming CHEATING and need special stipulations and want the fight to be in a certain country tells me that you yourself have ZERO CONFIDENCE in the guy you want to win so bad

Comment

it amazes me that floyd has gone on so long without being penalized for using his elbow. but i guess that's the benefit with fighting in your hometown ALWAYS.

Comment

better question is why are some fighters praised for being rough and willing to win by any means while others are simply cheats?

but to answer your question ward is highly skilled (obviously) while also having a penchant for stretching and at times simply breaking the rules. one doesnt neutralize the other. he is like duran, holyfield or hopkins in that regard.

its getting amusing how people keep claiming ward gets no backlash for his tactics, i cant think of any fighter who gets more **** for being dirty.

i think people are just mad because they used to say he was too much of a stylist, that he couldnt get down and dirty when need be. then he showed that he can rough up the best of them and all of a sudden people pretend like being dirty is the only reason for his success. just my opinion.
              Last edited by #1Assassin; 03-01-2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                better question is why are some fighters praised for being rough and willing to win by any means while others are simply cheats?

but to answer your question ward is highly skilled (obviously) while also having a penchant for stretching and at times simply breaking the rules. one doesnt neutralize the other. he is like duran, holyfield or hopkins in that regard.

its getting amusing how people keep claiming ward gets no backlash for his tactics, i cant think of any fighter who gets more **** for being dirty.
                Does Ward clinch excessively? Yes or no.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  I agree. Wladimir Klitschko is really a bum.
                  Definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Does Ward clinch excessively? Yes or no.
                    Not since Kessler or Bika.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                      Boy, that Manny Pacquiao. He'd eat Rigondeaux for breakfast.
                      horrible comparison. manny pacquiao would never be able to catch the super fast and elusive rigo to eat him. especially not early in the morning when his senses are barely getting going. come on man. meanwhile klitchko would easily just let ward grab him then bite his head clean off for a ketchup squirting breakfast snack.

Comment

Working...
                      X