Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brit wankers, do you still drink tea with milk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to London on vacation once and have been drinking tea with milk ever since, I drink my coffee straight.

The fish and chips were good as ****, but I can do without the black pudding

Comment

What the hell does tea taste like without milk? It looks fuking rancid before you add the milk.

Not really a tea drinker to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Why? What do Fat Yanks drink it with? Lard?
        Originally posted by baya View Post
        what a phag drink.
        Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        you're a phag drink

Comment

Tea with milk is cool, but I like it better without.

Iced with sugar ("sweet tea") is the nastiest ****.

Comment

I don't know that much about tea but the Shepards pie and bangers mash is freakin delicious.

Comment

You've gotta have a a bit o' milk with your tea mayne.

Also, I think 'tea', as in tea time, is late afternoon feastings. I use 'dinner' & 'tea' interchangeably doe, as do most.

Comment

Yeah, the British add milk to their tea, which is usually stronger than continental tea. This is the original story I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  What the hell does tea taste like without milk? It looks fuking rancid before you add the milk.

Not really a tea drinker to be fair.
                  It tastes like tea not diluted with cows milk, which is a weird thing to do.

Comment

I've been making myself iced tea lately and it tastes pretty good when fresh but throughout the day it starts to taste rancid. I have to drink it all rather quickly. What am I doing wrong?

I've been filling up this plastic jug with 4 or 5 bags of Lipton tea and just putting fresh water in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

No need to get upset, I am sincerely curious.
                      lol you probably don't realise it but "wankers" is actually a something of an offensive term.

It's like starting a thread with "Yo, do you fat yank jerk-offs still supersize everything?"

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      And is "tea time" still a big thing over there or not anymore?
                      "Tea time" isn't just about tea, it's a substitute term for evening meal. Some people will drink tea with their meal, others don't.

Other times, people will have a cup of tea and a sandwich & biscuits. I guess you could call that tea time too.

Personally, I'm not a big tea drinker, I'll take it maybe once every 3-4 months. Never drink coffee at all.

I don't get the US fascination with Brits drinking tea when it's the same principle as coffee which Americans drink daily. I guess it fits with the stereotype of the snobbish upper class Englishman drinking tea.

Most people drink tea with milk but some don't. My primary (elementary) school teacher used to drink hot tea with no milk for decades, and she developed throat cancer in later life. I did wonder if there was a correlation.
                      Last edited by Weebler I; 10-14-2014, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X