Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters Get Caught in the 1st and Lose Their Legs All the Time...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    He barely had time to use his legs before he went down, I think he just got caught cold like Dawson v Stevenson.
    he's had plenty of time to use his legs against murray, macklin. he's looked old for eyars, man.

miguel cotto knocked him out last night. this used to be one of the most athletic fighters in boxing, and the middleweight champion of the world. he's all done.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
      I agree. Sergio isn't making excuses so no one else should. Having said that, I have to be realistic. Cotto looked great, but you couple that with the fact that Sergio is older, inactive and not 100%, you get what we had last night. A younger healthy Sergio would not have been dismantled last night. I'm not saying he would have won, but it wouldn't have gone down the way it did.
      He was literally hobbling back to the corner after every round. He almost fell down throwing a punch.

His legs were gone. He was shot to ****.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        He was literally hobbling back to the corner after every round. He almost fell down throwing a punch.

His legs were gone. He was shot to ****.
        it was clear as day, yet ppl are acting like he was prime. dude was asking for ice for his knees. ive never even heard of that

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          it was clear as day, yet ppl are acting like he was prime. dude was asking for ice for his knees. ive never even heard of that

dude, no he wasn't...

the translator was saying "nape," not knee.

you didn't even watch half of the fight, man.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they corrected the translation to say he wanted ice on his neck, and I thought you stopped watching after round 4?

Comment

I'm pretty surprised with how many people are acting like Cotto didn't just beat a guy on one leg. Those knockdowns were caused by him not being able to put weight on his knee. His eyes looked fine when he got up.

The fight proved nothing about Cotto.

Comment

Absolutely gutted he lost. It was a big punch and it shook him but i do think his legs played a part in this. I'd love to say it were;t his legs and hope he'd fight again but sadly, his legs just weren't like they used to be. His right knee was the problem, there was no snap in his punches and it didn't appear to me as if he had any confidence in his legs either.

What didn't help is Cotto looked brilliant. His footwork was outstanding, which made Sergio's look all the more worse.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  he's had plenty of time to use his legs against murray, macklin. he's looked old for eyars, man.

miguel cotto knocked him out last night. this used to be one of the most athletic fighters in boxing, and the middleweight champion of the world. he's all done.
                  I know he's done, but he was down in the first minute of the fight. If he couldn't recover (he cited dizziness) it seems more like his lack of punch resistance and ability to recover did for him as opposed to his legs. The guy's defence was never great.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 06-08-2014, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Ain't nobody is saying he was in his prime but ur crying like he couldn't walk lol and no he was asking for water for his neck!

Comment

Originally posted by $mannyFresh View Post
                      I'm pretty surprised with how many people are acting like Cotto didn't just beat a guy on one leg. Those knockdowns were caused by him not being able to put weight on his knee. His eyes looked fine when he got up.

The fight proved nothing about Cotto.
                      Cotto was in the right place, at the right time, against the right opponent. Cotto looked completely rejuvenated. The question is, will he try his luck and fight another MW? I can't see any other MW being that easy of an out.

Comment

Working...
                      X