No announcement yet.

Bradley: "I injured my feet In the first fight because I wasn't wearing socks"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    I believe Bradley. Pacquiao was affected by socks against Morales, it's a legit problem in the sport.
    Yeah, I heard that's actually the real reason Duran quit against Leonard, because he couldn't chase him without socks, and it's also the reason Foreman lost to Ali as he couldn't get any traction inside his shoes.

It's a pretty common thing for someone to forget to put their socks on before putting their shoes on and tying them up. It's really hard to notice, particularly if you've got a long warm up in the dressing room.

I heard it's also the reason Vitali lost his fights. His lack of socks made Lewis' punches more accurate to his eye, and his lack of socks made him slip inside his shoe and injure his shoulder against Byrd.

Common problem.
    Last edited by BennyST; 03-29-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Well I've never heard Duran, Foreman, or Vitali blame their socks.

But if two warriors like Bradley and Pacquiao say they were affected by sock troubles then who am I to question it? We have to give them both the benefit of the doubt.

Or crap on both of them equally. Your choice.

Comment

• I suffer from too much blistering myself. i cant wear dress socks. if a well conditioned athlete can be affected by it, i can't question him despite it sounding like excuse making.

Comment

Working...
        X