Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sad but True. If Rigo/Flash is an intelligent boxing fight mainstream fans are bored

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad but True. If Rigo/Flash is an intelligent boxing fight mainstream fans are bored

Unfortunately this could very well be the case and it's sad in advance that people won't appreciate all of boxing.

I think it's going to be a high-speed chess match. Nothing wrong with that. But I don't think it will be the action fest everyone else seems to believe it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
      Unfortunately this could very well be the case and it's sad in advance that people won't appreciate all of boxing.
      Probably so but meh, this is a boxing fan's fight to begin with. Two highly skilled guys with plenty of developed skill between them. Either way, I know I'll enjoy the fight.

Comment

I enjoyed Rigo's other "boring" fights vs Marroquin and Cordoba etc so I'm sure I'll be alright.

Comment

Casuals think the bigger the match up the more exciting the fight will be.I think both guys will be very wary early on knowing one mistake could cost them as the fight progresses i feel Nonito will open Rigo up more and get the stoppage.Personally i have not been this excited for a fight in a long time two world class fighters plus the bad blood this should be sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            I enjoyed Rigo's other "boring" fights vs Marroquin and Cordoba etc so I'm sure I'll be alright.

christ.

i didn't. it's because i don't know sh#T about boxing, and don't buy barry's dvd's.

if rigo goes down, it will be in repentance of all of our sins. i'm expecting to see him photoshopped onto a cross.

Comment

It can very well be an intelligent 'boring' fight ala Jones vs Hopkins 1 or end in an explosive dramatic ending like many feel it can.
              Truth is we can all assume its a bad styles match up but really can't claim this until after.

Question is will you be here post fight admitting how wrong you were if ends up a barnburner? Certainly the boasts will be loud if "boring".

Comment

Nope, it's a myth that we "boxing fans" spread around like wild fire, we alway want to show casual fans KO, casual fans would probably watch anything without whining like us "Boxing fans"

Comment

The power between the two is why even if it's uneventful, I doubt I'll be bored. Knowing that one punch could have the other guy stumbling or even down at any moment, I'll be glued waiting for it.

Maybe in retrospect, assuming it's a boring 12 rounder with no exciting moments, it will be disappointing. I don't expect that to happen, one of these guys is doing something brutal to the other.

Comment

I highly doubt a great deal of casuals will be watching tbh. Outside of nationalistic fans that is (pinoys/cubans)

Comment

Working...
                    X