Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roc Nation: GGG's Team Turned Down Ward in 36 Minutes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Ward said it was less than 5 min?
    No surprising it's always different stories with him. They need to get their lies straightened out

Comment

Is that the same Ward who fight in BET?

Comment

As a GGG fan it's obvious they don't want to fight Ward right now.
        They have bigger fish to fry($$$wise)
        It's like max said this fight has to marinate and both sides need to keep talking
        Sh it for the fight to gain mainstream momentum them it can become a mega fight in the sport not just with hard core fans

Comment

can you imagine if ggg turned down all the best fighters in his division and tried to fight bums for 4 years? oh wait that was ward. keep crying droopy ward fans and complaining about ggg while ignoring what ward is doing himself.

Comment

Lesson to be learned here for fighters is never answer any question about other boxers other than the fighter you are fighting. Look at what happened. Even Ward never thought of fighting GGG. One idiotic reporter asked about Ward and things went out of control. He acted as Ward's representative and didn't consult with Ward first.

It's good that Ward is moving on and going in the upper direction, which is where he belongs in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              GGG's team are the ones who keep mentioning Ward tho man
              Yeah I know but they are being asked about it in interviews because golovkin has a big fight coming up. I guess they could say "no comment" but that wouldn't go over well either.

Comment

Poor ward. Time to stop calling out middlewights,and finally make good on his 4 year promise of moving up to 175.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                  Yeah I know but they are being asked about it in interviews because golovkin has a big fight coming up. I guess they could say "no comment" but that wouldn't go over well either.
                  All i can say is lets move on...its beyond stupid now

Comment

I expect another 200 comments

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                      Based off what Loeffler said last week, I got the impression that Ward's team was trying to dictate the terms and offered them a 50/50 split which was non-negotiable. You could understand why GGG's team would reject the supposed offer with a PPV coming up the gap between the two fighters could widen depending on the success of that PPV and they didn't want to be stuck with a 50/50 split when they were the A-side in the promotion.

But... Yormack is saying that they didn't even get a chance to negotiate a split or the venue or anything because Loeffler denied the offer as soon as he got it. Yarmack implied that he just sent them an offer to start the dialogue and that it wasn't a final take-it-or-leave-it type of offer.

It doesn't look good on Loeffler to be honest.
                      the first signs of a 50/50 came from K2 in that dan rafael interview. k2 did put out what it would take the make the fight, ppl expected ward to be greedy, so he had no issue giving 50/50 and seeing if they can negotiate the weight since previous opponents of his in the division would have gotten the 168 vs GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X