No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Geale Says He Wasn't 100% After Draining Down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    GGG is Cotto's mandatory, so Cotto can't make him drop an ounce. That's why Cotto is scared to fight him.
    I dont understand what you mean ?

* Geale, was at 157
    * Cotto confirmed today, that Canelo will be 155
    * Golovkin has stated that he will fight anywhere from 154-168
    * Golovkin recently stated that he will fight Mayweather at 154

If Cotto/Golovkin gets made tomorrow, it will be 155/156, most likely.

What does Golovkin being mandatory have to do with the weight ?

But the thing is, Golovkin/Cotto, is 12 months away, MINIMUM..... more likely 18-24 months away..... so who knows how Cotto will feel at that point in time, he could be comfortable carrying a little more weight, who knows.

Comment

GGG is Cotto's mandatory, so Cotto can't make him drop an ounce. That's why Cotto is scared to fight him.
      Check Cottos resume I don't think he's scared to fight anyone.

Cotto would most likely walk if GGG didn't want a CW, GGG said he'd drop to 154 for Floyd fight so if he wanted the next best name and payday he'd probably have to drop to 156-157.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        Check Cottos resume I don't think he's scared to fight anyone.

Cotto would most likely walk if GGG didn't want a CW, GGG said he'd drop to 154 for Floyd fight so if he wanted the next best name and payday he'd probably have to drop to 156-157.
        Absolutely, that was my whole point !

Golovkin, will do whatever he is told, or he will not get that fight.

I'm not saying its right, I'm just saying thats how it is.

Also, all of the people who accepted Manny-weight, now have to accept Cotto-weight..... because its the same damn thing.

I always stated that Manny-weight was a nasty precedent.

Good luck to Golovkin, trying to tell Cotto why the fight should be held at 160, when Cotto was forced to put his welterweight title on the line at 145.

When Manny was doing it, all the pacfans said " but Pac da A-side doe "..... and "but Pac small doe"..... so, instead of fair-play all around..... now, Cotto is the A-side, and hard luck Golovkin..... especially since he said that he would fight anyone from 154-168.

Comment

Originally posted by job43 View Post
          Weights are optical illusions. Somebody made up the 160 limit and 168 limit and 147 limit. There is no rhyme or reason to it. Its just a marker for organization. So Geale moaning is embarrassing just like Cotto was moaning about Pac
          Ever been weight drained and tried to fight? No, didn't think so.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Eastcoast View Post
          Didn't help he took a big head-butt before Cotto landed that left hook.

Originally posted by jesuswalks28 View Post
          So, it had everything to do with the "head-butt" & nothing to do with Cotto's body punching, left hooks & footwork!!! Are you kidding?! Lol btw- when you weigh in 25 pounds over the other fighter you should be able to take 5 "head butt"!!!!
          What is this, Night Of The Dimwits? Eastcoast clearly said it added to the punch. And you also with not know about being drained before a major fight.

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          If he couldn't make the weight, don't agree to the catchweight. Problem solved.
          No catchweight = No big payday. Starting to catch on now?

Quote:
          Originally Posted by joseph5620 View Post
          Nope and he signed the contract. He can't cry about something he agreed to do.

Geale is Geale. A limited fighter who is nowhere near the level of truly elite fighters.

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          So Cotto needed to weight drain a limited fighter who is nowhere near the level of truly elite fighters?
          Amen x 1000

Quote:
          Originally Posted by joseph5620 View Post
          Yes, and Geale was getting his ass kicked anyway, regardless. The head butt is a non issue and Geale himself hasn't even used the excuse so why are you?

What excuse? It happened, he got slammed in the head then hit with a left hook that put him down. It is what it is.
          I guess according to Joseph we're not even allowed to bring it up. Makes me wonder whatever happened to all the Cottoid doubters from a few days before the fight.

3 pages of mostly insane comments. Geez the ignorance is deep tonite. Time for bed. HA

Comment

Cotto should just drop his 160 title if he doesnt want the fight at the full 160, he shouldnt be creating his own weight division.

If he dropped the belt then all of the criticism would stop.

He is a 154 fighter and should stop holding belts hostage.

Comment

So what was he then, 70%, 80-90%? What ever the case. Let's say it was 70%, he still got slaughtered in 4 rounds in a way that indicated to me that an extra 30% wouldn't do **** but help him last another 4 rounds maybe? TKO4 to TKO8? I mean he can't punch at 120%, he's just not a puncher so I don't know what his non punching ass would do to Cotto at 100%. If he lasted 10-12 rounds and said he wasn't 100% because of draining himself then I would have been intrigued but he got blasted out of there and looked weak as always.

Comment

Cotto can demand a catchweight as low as 155lbs.

Cotto was the WBO champ at 147 and was made to drop to 145lbs by Arum, Pacquiao, and the WBO or he would have gotten stripped if he didn't agree. That situation obviously left him bitter, it's why he has been on a power trip now that he's top 3 draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  He's not even good at 100%

Comment

So Cotto needed to weight drain a limited fighter who is nowhere near the level of truly elite fighters?
                    Margarito was no where near elite when Pacquiao wanted a 150lb catchweight. He actually wasn't even top 10 in any weight class at all. This is top draws swinging their dicks around, nothing else. Cotto doesn't use the 160 limit and he didn't allow Geale to use it either, just cause, he's a boss like that. Like the pointless 159lb catchweight vs Martinez who rarely ever made 160lb anyways. Its just a diva move. Don't read into it too much, Cotto wanting 157 for Geale doesn't mean that Geale is an elite fighter.

Comment

im a huge fan of cotto, pacman and floyd...no love for geale but catchweights are a ***** move. its basically cheating.

i wish boxing was more like what it was back in the day, more ego and cojones and less money bullshlakan.

even if the fight was at 160, cotto would have won so i dont get the puta move and having his opponent clearly dehydrated. geale had no muscle mass

Comment

Working...
                      X