No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Top Rank, HBO Remain Ahead Of Technology Curve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Top Rank, HBO Remain Ahead Of Technology Curve

The rivalry between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez may sound like old news, but the manner in which Part IV is being presented is in a league of its own.

Their third fight, which took place last November, saw their weigh-in air live on HBO, a first for the network at the time. That same pattern will hold true for this Friday’s trip to the scales, only its coverage will expand far beyond HBO.

It’s only fitting, since the promotion for this event continues to break new ground at every turn well before the fighters step into the ring Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Arum is a damn lie, that sounds like something he is making up for attention! "Years ago I told people that weigh ins could be streamed live across the world and they laughed at me!" As if you thought of live stream in a time when no one else fathomed it! Bob Arum's old ass knows nothing about technology! What happened is, Floyd made fun of Pac, on live stream, then Arum asked someone what live stream was, then Todd told him, and then they started using live stream! and if they started using it, before that incident, then there was probably another incident, where someone brought up live stream, and Todd(because he's younger, and hip on latest technology) thought it would be cool to use it to show promotional events!

Comment

Yeah, wake me up once you have TR boxers fight other promoter's boxers.

Comment

Today I learned 'streaming' is still ahead of the technological curve, somehow.

Comment

al gore may have invented the internet but it took Bob Arum to realize analog video feeds could be digitized and given enough bandwidth, the internet can be used to stream the digital video in real time to audiences around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            Arum is a damn lie, that sounds like something he is making up for attention! "Years ago I told people that weigh ins could be streamed live across the world and they laughed at me!" As if you thought of live stream in a time when no one else fathomed it! Bob Arum's old ass knows nothing about technology! What happened is, Floyd made fun of Pac, on live stream, then Arum asked someone what live stream was, then Todd told him, and then they started using live stream! and if they started using it, before that incident, then there was probably another incident, where someone brought up live stream, and Todd(because he's younger, and hip on latest technology) thought it would be cool to use it to show promotional events!
            Your education has been badly neglected.....probnably not your fault, although you seem the kind to skip learning.

S-T-R-E-A-M means other things-only the most recent being a computer term. A stream is, for instance a reference to water, maybe you use it occasionally, it can also refer to air, and in the manner in which Arum meant it, a dispersement all around the world, in fact, by TV.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
              I think you missed a key word "IF". He didn't say he told people that weigh ins could be streamed live across the world and they laughed at me!" He said, if I told people..... Please reread the quote.
              Last edited by uniquehump; 12-05-2012, 09:33 PM. Reason: period instead of comma

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                Your education has been badly neglected.....probnably not your fault, although you seem the kind to skip learning.

S-T-R-E-A-M means other things-only the most recent being a computer term. A stream is, for instance a reference to water, maybe you use it occasionally, it can also refer to air, and in the manner in which Arum meant it, a dispersement all around the world, in fact, by TV.
                Arum was wrong, accept it and move along bro! No technicalities troll.

Comment

Originally posted by uniquehump View Post
                  I think you missed a key word "IF". He didn't say he told people that weigh ins could be streamed live across the world and they laughed at me!" He said, if I told people..... Please reread the quote.
                  Arum seems to me, like he wants attention and credit.

Comment

Top Rank is also streaming the actual fight.
                    Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
                    Yeah, wake me up once you have TR boxers fight other promoter's boxers.
                    This year Top rank has had Chavez vs Rubio, Chavez vs Lee, Donaire vs Mathebula, Chavez vs Martinez, Donaire vs Nishioka, and Vanes vs Lara. All opponents from another promoter.

Comment

Working...
                    X