No announcement yet.

Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez WBB???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richie Ric View Post
    I agree with who ever on here said that his weight class will really hurt his status...cuz most folks (def casual fans) dont' give two flying sh@ts about this div.....I wonder how far up the ranks (weight wise) he can move up and carry his greatness..............

is Heavyweight out of the question??? I kidd I kidd.......but seriously...135-140 out of the question one day???
    I think 115 is his ceiling as far as being a p4p fighter. And even then I would favor guys like Inoue, Cuadras, and Tete in that division.

Comment

Top 5 P4P For Sure! That being said if you expecting some type of super stardom for fighters fight under 130-140...Never Going To Happen! They will get noticed, they will headline cards on HBO Network MAYBE but becoming a Superstar and a huge draw...NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

Mark "Too Sharp" Johnson ruled at 118 lbs. for well over a decade and nobody gave a damn because all the focus as on Roy Jones Jr.

So no these little guys are not expected to become Superstars and they won't become PPV Draws or anything like that. But they will make good money fighting as Co-Mainevents and Undercards for the bigger fighters Mainevents
      Last edited by sicko; 05-14-2015, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Top 5 P4P For Sure! That being said if you expecting some type of super stardom for fighters fight under 130-140...Never Going To Happen! They will get noticed, they will headline cards on HBO Network MAYBE but becoming a Superstar and a huge draw...NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

Mark "Too Sharp" Johnson ruled at 118 lbs. for well over a decade and nobody gave a damn because all the focus as on Roy Jones Jr.

So no these little guys are not expected to become Superstars and they won't become PPV Draws or anything like that. But they will make good money fighting as Co-Mainevents and Undercards for the bigger fighters Mainevents
        It wasn't long ago that everyone thought the only way you can make stupid money is if you were HW..........obviously that has changed.......not saying it would but stranger things have happened......

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Ric View Post
          It wasn't long ago that everyone thought the only way you can make stupid money is if you were HW..........obviously that has changed.......not saying it would but stranger things have happened......
          That is True! More stuff like Kameda vs McDonnell on Network TV would really help the smaller guys that is for sure. I like the Smaller Divisions when I can catch them but it is a reason why networks don't invest in them, it is not like they haven't tried. Only reason why HBO is taking a chance on Gonzalez is because he has Power. If it wasn't for the KO's and Stops he scores I doubt they would have signed him up to be on their Network.

I like the smaller Divisions, some of the best fights are in the Smaller Divisions and they usually go unnoticed on some awful stream they nobody even bother to watch

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            That is True! More stuff like Kameda vs McDonnell on Network TV would really help the smaller guys that is for sure. I like the Smaller Divisions when I can catch them but it is a reason why networks don't invest in them, it is not like they haven't tried. Only reason why HBO is taking a chance on Gonzalez is because he has Power. If it wasn't for the KO's and Stops he scores I doubt they would have signed him up to be on their Network.

I like the smaller Divisions, some of the best fights are in the Smaller Divisions and they usually go unnoticed on some awful stream they nobody even bother to watch
            true true...............

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              Seeing the career estrada has had, that's a huge win. He's like a mini ggg nly he's got a great résumé to go along with an exciting style.
              I'm not saying it's not a bad win, I'm saying two very good wins do not make a great fighter or the best on the planet. And again, there aren't exceptional fighters in those lower weight divisions, gutsy warriors yes but not ATG or HOf caliber world beaters. Gonzalez and Inoue are the exception below bantamweight.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                I'm not saying it's not a bad win, I'm saying two very good wins do not make a great fighter or the best on the planet. And again, there aren't exceptional fighters in those lower weight divisions, gutsy warriors yes but not ATG or HOf caliber world beaters. Gonzalez and Inoue are the exception below bantamweight.
                the only difference is the amount of media coverage

small fighters often accumulate more losses than their counterparts in the more glamorous divisions precisely because they draw less attention and are therefore not worth protecting in their promoters' eyes

Comment

I think he and his wins are way overrated. His opponents have wayyyy too many losses. 8? 28? 7? Those are his last 3 including his next one. Add that many of his opponents have already been KO'ed a couple of times. This is the most bizarre hype job I have seen from media and fans in my 20 years of watching boxing and 9 years of using a boxing forum. I can't wrap my head around what is so good about his resume. His undeserved hype is 10x worse than GGG's hype. I don't care what name you start listing, I look at these guys, and i'm just not impressed at all. I would never recommend Gonzalez to any one. That's just cruel, what journalists and fans are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    I think he and his wins are way overrated. His opponents have wayyyy too many losses. 8? 28? 7? Those are his last 3 including his next one. Add that many of his opponents have already been KO'ed a couple of times. This is the most bizarre hype job I have seen from media and fans in my 20 years of watching boxing and 9 years of using a boxing forum. I can't wrap my head around what is so good about his resume. His undeserved hype is 10x worse than GGG's hype. I don't care what name you start listing, I look at these guys, and i'm just not impressed at all. I would never recommend Gonzalez to any one. That's just cruel, what journalists and fans are doing.
                    Im sure the KO's have a lot to do with his hype............

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Skill my friend. Skill. Chocolatito uses angles better than anyone in the sport not named Loma. His combinations, ability to cut off the ring, power and ring IQ are all sublime.

Comment

Working...
                      X