Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any Welterweight in history that could go through Oscar's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
    What are those so called 'top hw's that Mickey Walker hurt?
    He dropped contenders Bearcat Wright 210lbs and Risko 195lbs and had the power to get the respect of every HW he fought which inluded wins over top contenders Uzcudun, Levinsky and a draw with former HW Champion Jack Sharkey.
    Last edited by Khmelnytsky; 01-31-2013, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Leonard Hearns Robinson all beat Hopkins @ 160

Comment

Most likely Robinson. All of you need to remember Robinson won middleweight titles in his forties; and at that age he was considered still an elite fighter, when Oscar fought the likes of Pacquiao, Mayweather and Hopkind in his mid-thirties and below.

Robison is the GOAT of all time for a reason, being a considered the greatest welterweight ever is a tremendous accomplishment, and not just that, done enough to be considered one of the greatest middleweights.

Most of the amazing footage of Robinson is him past his best, remember that.

The thing I don't know about is Hopkins, Hopkins himself is considered one of the best middleweights ever and unlike Robinson who was still incredible as he got older because he was so good, he just seemed to get better.

But keep in mind, ODH and Robinson are not the same fighters in their early thirties Robinson is much more superior, and Hopkins though great, is not facing a limited fighter like Trinidad.

So to say Robinson can't do it is ridiculous, in-fact, he has a more of chance than succeeding rather than failing.

Comment

Originally posted by ianian58 View Post
          Most likely Robinson. All of you need to remember Robinson won middleweight titles in his forties; and at that age he was considered still an elite fighter, when Oscar fought the likes of Pacquiao, Mayweather and Hopkind in his mid-thirties and below.

Robison is the GOAT of all time for a reason, being a considered the greatest welterweight ever is a tremendous accomplishment, and not just that, done enough to be considered one of the greatest middleweights.

Most of the amazing footage of Robinson is him past his best, remember that.

The thing I don't know about is Hopkins, Hopkins himself is considered one of the best middleweights ever and unlike Robinson who was still incredible as he got older because he was so good, he just seemed to get better.

But keep in mind, ODH and Robinson are not the same fighters in their early thirties Robinson is much more superior, and Hopkins though great, is not facing a limited fighter like Trinidad.

So to say Robinson can't do it is ridiculous, in-fact, he has a more of chance than succeeding rather than failing.
          Thinking about it, I take back my worries of Hopkins, I'd actually be more worried about Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Comment

Henry Armstrong

Comment

Originally posted by The_Golden_Goy View Post
              Henry Armstrong
              Too small up against bigger guys like Hopkins and Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by ianian58 View Post
                Too small up against bigger guys like Hopkins and Trinidad.
                yeah that's true against those two, but the rest of the resume he'd have a pretty good shot. probably more than pretty good

Comment

Hearns and Leonard also, but those guys have been mentioned

Comment

I don't think any of these guys can survive Hopkins.

Hopkins is too lethal.. That version of Hopkins was not even out of 1st gear and he kayoed Oscar with a body shot.

Prime Hopkins will clown Carlos Monzon and destroy him.

SRR will be a good fight, but Prime Hopkins is too lethal.

Comment

• Who did Sugar Ray Robinson beat that is on par with Bernard Hopkins???

Comment

Working...
                      X