No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Haye: Not Interested in Price or Fury Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    What kind of moron makes up numbers, I don't know possibly a Haye fan? I am looking for something official and not something that you cut and pasted from another boxing forum that was posted by another fan. And I will say it again I can find nothing official and I have looked more than once.

As for who scored the fight how. So far we are pretty even on British en****** scoring the fight. And this is some of the foolish things those British news agencies said about the fight "He boxed his ears off" and "his magnificent display." As the British would say what a load of bollocks.

After reading that garbage I have to wonder what fight they were watching? Because I have heard no one with any amount of boxing sense make such ridiculous comments about one of the most boring fights in the history of the sport.
    I don't really think so much stock should be put into the view of one publication. I saw an American judge score Froch-Ward 115-113...that came from someone with boxing knowledge, but I didn't agree with that score at all. That didn't make me question my views on the fight though.

I myself did think it was a clear victory, not because Haye was great, but because he made Valuev look like the fighter he was. Valuev was throwing arm punches and hitting air 85% of the time while Haye was landing his punches when he did throw. I go for the effective work over the guy who throws a lot.

Comment

• It's sad fact if they fight Vitali won't get any credit for beating him and people will push Haye to bum level. Then we'll start to listen about Lennox-Vitali crap again and again and again...

Both are unjustified.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        It's sad fact if they fight Vitali won't get any credit for beating him and people will push Haye to bum level. Then we'll start to listen about Lennox-Vitali crap again and again and again...

Both are unjustified.
        I still think either guy would deserve some credit.

Vitali still has a huge size advantage, big power and a great chin while Haye remains smaller, faster and also with big power. It's a tough match-up for both.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          I don't really think so much stock should be put into the view of one publication. I saw an American judge score Froch-Ward 115-113...that came from someone with boxing knowledge, but I didn't agree with that score at all. That didn't make me question my views on the fight though.

I myself did think it was a clear victory, not because Haye was great, but because he made Valuev look like the fighter he was. Valuev was throwing arm punches and hitting air 85% of the time while Haye was landing his punches when he did throw. I go for the effective work over the guy who throws a lot.
          Yeah, but it was more than one publication that thought that Valuev won. And I didn't even check US publications. And let me ask you just one question. If Haye won why didn't Dirrell win when he fought the same style and actually did much better against Froch? All the Brit fans state that Andre lost because he fought safe and ran. Does that sound familiar?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
            Yeah, but it was more than one publication that thought that Valuev won. And I didn't even check US publications. And let me ask you just one question. If Haye won why didn't Dirrell win when he fought the same style and actually did much better against Froch? All the Brit fans state that Andre lost because he fought safe and ran. Does that sound familiar?
            I scored that fight for Dirrell also, even though he made it closer that he should have.

The biggest difference between that fight and this one though is that Froch was actually landing some good punches throughout, Valuev wasn't landing, let alone anything good. Haye and Dirrell both won those fights on my card, but Dirrell did hurt himself at times by literally running and diving to avoid punches, which is why I wasn't shocked when Froch got the nod.
            Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 12-28-2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              I still think either guy would deserve some credit.

Vitali still has a huge size advantage, big power and a great chin while Haye remains smaller, faster and also with big power. It's a tough match-up for both.
              Nah! I am telling you there are only two options if they ever meet.

1. If Vitali wins - the scenario that I described. Any remaining Haye's fan will turn to glorify Lennox and devalue Vitali's win as Haye is a 'bum' and Lennox would take him out with one hand, one leg in 10 sec...

2. If Haye wins - Vitali will be crap and not just Vitali but Wlad also because 'he is the weaker, crappier brother' and only reason why he beat Haye is because he cheated. Haye gets some credit for beating vitali who is the way way way overrated fighter in the very very very weakest HW division ever!

Mark my words if this fight ever happens.

Comment

Working...
              X