No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Confident Cotto-Canelo Sells 1.5 Million PPVs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I don't know how, there's been little promotion for this fight. Or have I just missed it? I can see 500-800k.
    little promotion

Comment

Little promotion???? You can't even get tickets anymore. If can they're going for at least 2k a piece! Most hotels are sold out. They packed the places on their 4 city tour in LA, Mexico City, NYC, Puerto Rico and bill boards are all over the place????

Comment

Great fight but I'm not sure it'll hit 1.5.

Comment

This fight breaks 1mil, wouldn't energy be surprised if comes close to 2 mil. Some people either don't go outside much or live in Canada.

Comment

Too bad Vegas doesn't offer a over/ under prop of over 1 mil. I would put $$$$$$ and triple down on the over.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
              This is a boxing fans fight not a mega event they want you to believe. They left a lot money on the table by picking the Mandalay Bay over the MGM Grand. Anything over 500k will be a success neither came close to cracking that lately on there own.
              Care to explain how location impacts ppv sales,?

Comment

Fight does 700k

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  Little promotion???? You can't even get tickets anymore. If can they're going for at least 2k a piece! Most hotels are sold out. They packed the places on their 4 city tour in LA, Mexico City, NYC, Puerto Rico and bill boards are all over the place????
                  Next time someone tries to translate successful ticket sales in to PPV sales i'm going to vomit.

Ticket sales have absolutely no correlation with PPV buys, there is no evidence you can get that would show otherwise. Or else with the quickness in which GGG-Lemiuex sold out, PPV sales would have been on epic proportions, not an epic bomb. Also PPV's like Pacquiao-Clottey, which did a very good 700k, would have sold triple that, given that it was in Dallas Cowboys stadium.

Comment

this fight is going to be great, Cant wait. I would lean on 1.3 mil ppvs.....cheers.

Comment

no way it does that much, 600-900k i say.

Comment

Working...
                      X