Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly Eyes Calzaghe's Throne: Hopkins on The Cards!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
    so you think he can get a W over hopkins at this stage?
    Fuk no. But that doesn't mean he shouldn't be aiming to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      that is true. Im jus sayin he should fight some other top guys first, then aim high. fight more fights, get popular, get better, and get the big money fights, right?

I think clev callin out bhop and talkin about "takin over Joe's throne" is a bit early, but thats just me...

Comment

Probably isnt aiming to fight any of them, seems quite happy defending against easier opposition...but he should be starting to aim higher and should have been for some time now no-one really knows how good he is yet.

I see Bellew and him on same level, so until Clev beats someone better he's Euro level / fringe world level.

Comment

that is true. Im jus sayin he should fight some other top guys first, then aim high. fight more fights, get popular, get better, and get the big money fights, right?

I think clev callin out bhop and talkin about "takin over Joe's throne" is a bit early, but thats just me...
          I agree!

Comment

Hopkins is 48 years old. There isn't gonna be much time to get him in the ring.

Comment

Hopkins is 48 years old. There isn't gonna be much time to get him in the ring.

see I dono if i can agree with that lol. hopkins seems like he is never gonna get old. but yea I agree. by the time cleverly would be ready to put up a fight against old man hopkins, im sure bhop will be retired by then. he cant go on like this much longer, no way...

Comment

having ambition is a great thing, but the way these artices are being presented, its almost as if cleverly is p4p and is being ducked by all the big names. he needs to fight more fights before he can get in the ring with someone like bhop, you cant deny that, right?
                Like I said we don't know how good Cleverly is until he actually steps up but fact is he's a wold champ and he got the belt through a standard route in the UK, Commonwealth, British belt then WBO route. You can argue that he doesn't deserve to be a world champ but you can make the same case for Shumenov and Cloud to some extent.

I mean Cloud is fighting Murat next someone who Nathan beat two years ago. B-Hop is hands down the second guy in the division after Dawson and a dangerous fight for Nathan so have to give him credit for wanting the fight. He's getting hate now for wanting to fight the best but he could easily do what Joe did and fight nobodies for another 6/7 years before taking on the elite but I have no doubt he'll get hate for that too.

Fact is it's not always about the most deserving fighters getting a shot but what makes more sense financially and I think that's the case here. Just don't see why Cleverly should be geting all this hate simply for wanting to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
                  Like I said we don't know how good Cleverly is until he actually steps up but fact is he's a wold champ and he got the belt through a standard route in the UK, Commonwealth, British belt then WBO route. You can argue that he doesn't deserve to be a world champ but you can make the same case for Shumenov and Cloud to some extent.

I mean Cloud is fighting Murat next someone who Nathan beat two years ago. B-Hop is hands down the second guy in the division after Dawson and a dangerous fight for Nathan so have to give him credit for wanting the fight. He's getting hate now for wanting to fight the best but he could easily do what Joe did and fight nobodies for another 6/7 years before taking on the elite but I have no doubt he'll get hate for that too.

Fact is it's not always about the most deserving fighters getting a shot but what makes more sense financially and I think that's the case here. Just don't see why Cleverly should be geting all this hate simply for wanting to step up.
                  good post and great points

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post

Damned if do damned if you dont, Im a bit undecided actually about this one for a few reasons.

What would a fight over b-hop tell us if Cleverly wins?
                    Would we all then start saying well b-hop is past it, like we said when Calzaghe beat him (just mind you) so I guess its a good fight to go for next.

Comment

He's going the same way.

All he needs now is another 15 or so title defenses against bums and a solid fight here and there then he's an all time great.

Comment

Working...
                      X