No announcement yet.

Start Training boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Training boxing?

I want to start training boxing, but there aren't any gyms around me. It really doesn't matter much though, I'm just boxing for fun with my friends... but I obviously want to be the best. I am going to buy gloves, a heavy bag, and a jump rope today... where should i start in learning?

Any tips, videos, etc. would be appreciated.

thanks very much.

If you want to be the best you need to get into a good gym.

Comment

Hi

Hi

Try getting to a gym, if you cant, then buy the gloves, heavty bag, ropes, and a pull up bar, the key is to do the right excercises, and the right intensity and duration, keep diet healthy as well and drink alot of water, stay away from smoking and drinking too. You can watch videos on youtube on which excerices to do or get some boxing books. Heres some links for you to get started :

1) frixo.com/sites/fitness/boxing.html

2) boxingperformance.com/

3) ehow.com/boxing-exercises/

4) ivillage.com/24-minute-boxing-workout/4-a-142425

Hope this helps you, Best Wishes

Comment

Bare Minimum Equipment:

- wraps (i like mexican wraps)
        - gloves (12 ounces)
        - focus mitts and/or heavy bag (preferably both)
        - jump ropes

if you have friends who will consistently train/practice with u then get the focus mitts. if you have a regular gym you can goto (non-boxing), they may have a heavy bag you can use. just look around.

watch videos on youtube and focus on basics. learn how to wrap your hands. your footwork is probably the first and most important thing. once you have that down, i'd work on a few short combos using the focus mitts. mix that in with heavy bag work (do one-two combos at first.. toughen up your wrists and knuckles slowly). u will probably start feeling some pains on your wrists and/or knuckles because you won't be used to hitting (what some people call ***** knuckles/wrists). to strengthen those, do some knuckle push-ups to help out. 5 sets of 15-20 each day will help out. there's more excercises out there to help you strengthen your knuckles but that's what i did.

use the jump ropes to improve your cardio. 3 mins of JR, 1min rest.. repeat 5-6 times at least. before or after your runs.

but honestly the best place to start and learn about boxing is to simply join a boxing gym...

i and a couple friends messed around like this for a few months and then decided to join a boxing gym to learn it the right way. everytime we practiced, we had tons of questions about our forms or how to get better or are if we doing it properly. there's only so much you can learn from watching a video. once we joined a gym, everytime we had a question, it was answered by our trainers and/or they would notice something wrong and fix it during our boxing session.

good luck.

Comment

You won't get far in boxing without a solid gym and trainer so don't even bother trying.

Comment

Working...
          X