No announcement yet.

WBA Super and Regular Champions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You make it seem as if the RING belt is a relatively recent thing

The RING has been handing out belts for decades (with a short gap period).

It's hardly a prestigious title now though, as it's kind of a skewed version of lineage, with the addition of ridiculous policies just to force these belts out.

It's sad when watching older footage, such as seeing Marciano with a prestigious RING belt, and then comparing it to the mess we see today.

You probably knew this, and I just read it wrong. Just wanted to vent some frustration

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      You make it seem as if the RING belt is a relatively recent thing

The RING has been handing out belts for decades (with a short gap period).

It's hardly a prestigious title now though, as it's kind of a skewed version of lineage, with the addition of ridiculous policies just to force these belts out.

It's sad when watching older footage, such as seeing Marciano with a prestigious RING belt, and then comparing it to the mess we see today.

You probably knew this, and I just read it wrong. Just wanted to vent some frustration
      Oh there is plenty of frustration about it. I just wonder how low they will go. Will the IBO, IBA, WBF, WBU and all the rest be recognized, too?

I mean, it's all about money and everybody wants to be a champion. I really want to see a champion toss one of these trinkets in the trash like Riddick Bowe did years ago. I'm not a fan of his, but I did admire him for that.

Comment

Riddick did that to duck Lewis and I guess to backdoor a hall of fame induction(but that's another story). I just think the organizations need to be ignored. Also wasn't the WBC supposed to bankrupt when they lost the case against Rocky Rochigianni?

Comment

Originally posted by low blows View Post
          Riddick did that to duck Lewis and I guess to backdoor a hall of fame induction(but that's another story). I just think the organizations need to be ignored. Also wasn't the WBC supposed to bankrupt when they lost the case against Rocky Rochigianni?
          They were and I was hoping tat would be the end of them, if not to get one of them out of the way. But somehow they clung to life yet again. I guess ol Sulaiman worked out a "deal".

Comment

Working...
          X