No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse: I'm Not Worried About The Judges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse: I'm Not Worried About The Judges

Lucas Matthysse had a hard time reaching New Jersey this week for his fight against Lamont Peterson on Saturday night in Atlantic City.

Maybe there’s something about “The Garden State” that doesn’t agree with the heavy-handed Argentine fighter. He’d prefer to forget his last trip to New Jersey, too.

Matthysse claimed he was “robbed” after his split-decision defeat to Zab Judah 2½ years ago at Prudential Center in Newark. Judah, a Brooklyn native who at times resided in two northern New Jersey towns, was considered a “hometown” fighter when he met Matthysse in November 2010. [Click Here To Read More]

Lucas going about things Marvin Hagler style

Comment

guess the judges ok but Perez hasn't done a tile bout in 2 years...don't know why NJ doesn't use Grant more in big bouts as he's quite good...NJ like NYC has their preferred favorites, especially female...

Comment

That's what I wanna hear. We ain't leaving it to the judges. Going for the kill!!

Comment

Too many people underestimate Peterson. Once that guy's engine warms up he becomes a beast himself. Can Matthysse handle the pressure? We know he can punch but can he take it? We will find out and I can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
            Too many people underestimate Peterson. Once that guy's engine warms up he becomes a beast himself. Can Matthysse handle the pressure? We know he can punch but can he take it? We will find out and I can't wait.
            i have a feeling he's gonna eat canvas early in this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
              Pete really is a beast come the middle rounds there should be some violent exchanges once Lamont warms too it.Really wouldn't begrudge LP the victory even though im a big Matthysse fan Lamont is a likeable guy with a great story

Comment

He's with Haymon now. Why would he worry about the judges?

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                  He's with Haymon now. Why would he worry about the judges?
                  I was about to say the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad?
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakutindi Wauya

Pete really is a beast come the middle rounds there should be some violent exchanges once Lamont warms too it.Really wouldn't begrudge LP the victory even though im a big Matthysse fan Lamont is a likeable guy with a great story
                    Yea... getting pellets inserted in you is a real cool story. I'd love to see how that process goes.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X