Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daniel Geale Is Not Good Enough To Tie Mundines Shoe Laces. Official Word On Mundine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
    How is fighting complete bums noone has ever heard of and trying to charge ppl $50 just to watch it carrying the sport?

Boxing is heading towards almost certain ruin in Australia at the moment and Anthony Mundine and everything that is associated with him has played a significant role in that.

I won't deny that he is a very talented fighter and has achieved a good deal considering his late start in what is a very tough sport but to say he is currenty carrying Australian boxing in a positive fashion is just ridiculous.
    Yeh your right. The $50 charge is over the top. But he is carrying the domestic scene. I mean Kat and Vic don't really fight here. And they don't get much coverage here at all (although Vics) is improving.

But Mundine is staging cards here. Im pretty confident Mundines next two opponents will be Sturm/Griffin then Geale. And see from there.

His last bout at the Whitlam centre sold out in 2 days. I mean surely fighting in front of that kind of a crowd has benefits for the undercard, even if the bouts are mismatches.

Comment

Originally posted by AustralianBoxin View Post
      Yeh your right. The $50 charge is over the top. But he is carrying the domestic scene. I mean Kat and Vic don't really fight here. And they don't get much coverage here at all (although Vics) is improving.

But Mundine is staging cards here. Im pretty confident Mundines next two opponents will be Sturm/Griffin then Geale. And see from there.

His last bout at the Whitlam centre sold out in 2 days. I mean surely fighting in front of that kind of a crowd has benefits for the undercard, even if the bouts are mismatches.
      How many times have we heard this before?

Comment

Originally posted by skyler View Post
        How many times have we heard this before?
        Countless times. I wonder who it was going to be this time last year?

Comment

of course mundine is carrying aus boxing

his trilogy with soliman was legendary stuff and dwarfed ali-frazier, MAB-erik, and pacman-erik in my opinion

im also really looking forward to mundine vs ponwangshotcamp, a 41 year old thai former featherweight contender with a record of 45-25-5

should be great, pongwangshotcamp has only been ko'd 15 times, so his chin will still be pretty good

and his last win was in '04, so he will be very hungry.....expect fireworks

(fight will come with a PPV price of $49.99 and will feature notables such as les mason and junmar dulog on the undercard)

Comment

That's a great line 'Mundine is single handedly carrying Australian Boxing " Except I was laughing so hard I spilt my bowl of museli all over the key board. Keep it up you've got a great future in stand up comedy

Comment

Anthony Mundine is a brilliant Australian boxer, as much as i cant stand the guy he is a gifted fighter. Problem with him is his attitude on camera off camera he is an alright guy.

Daniel Geale needs to fight perhaps Jamie Pittman or Sam Soliman before he could consider facing Mundine, he should protect his career by not falling into the idea that mundine is putting out for him to face each other. Because all it is, is an easy win for Mundine and helps feed his large ego, But it will also be a mental set back for Daniel.

Daniel needs to focus fighting outside of Australia, maybe a fight with Veteran Javier Castillejo, David Lopez or even Sebastian Sylvester.

Cross Mundine off his list because all Mundine wants to do is get that IBO title from him.

Comment

Originally posted by AustralianBoxin View Post

No one benefits from those ****ty fights, it's bad for the sport. Just like Mundine.

Comment

Truth !

1 Fark aye, personally I wouldn't bag any man who gets in the ring.
                  2 Dont start with Mundine about fighting bums, australian boxing has been
                  doing it for decades lets brings the Thai kickboxers over and keep bashing them up for our fighters to better their rankings. Fenech's boys ????
                  3 Why does everyone make it out as if they would fight the hardest oppenent everytime they got in the ring, your bosy would be burnt out.
                  4 Why cant australians handle hype, it's a part of boxing and if your a true boxing fan, you would understand what its all about and not get upset $.
                  5 When I go to fights I hear redneck bums sitting on their ass drinking beer and sledging blokes in the ring having a go. Now these gronks would never get in the ring themselves because thier weak as piss and cant even respect humble fighters in the ring. So why shouldn't Mundine open his mouth and take it for all its worth.
                  6 Thank god for the likes of Kostya Tsyu, Darchyan, Katsidis, Mundine, Haumono, Bika for putting some excitement back into Australian boxing.
                  Mundine is playing boxing, not letting boxing play him.

Comment

Originally posted by GAMILARAAY View Post
                    1 Fark aye, personally I wouldn't bag any man who gets in the ring.
                    2 Dont start with Mundine about fighting bums, australian boxing has been
                    doing it for decades lets brings the Thai kickboxers over and keep bashing them up for our fighters to better their rankings. Fenech's boys ????
                    3 Why does everyone make it out as if they would fight the hardest oppenent everytime they got in the ring, your bosy would be burnt out.
                    4 Why cant australians handle hype, it's a part of boxing and if your a true boxing fan, you would understand what its all about and not get upset $.
                    5 When I go to fights I hear redneck bums sitting on their ass drinking beer and sledging blokes in the ring having a go. Now these gronks would never get in the ring themselves because thier weak as piss and cant even respect humble fighters in the ring. So why shouldn't Mundine open his mouth and take it for all its worth.
                    6 Thank god for the likes of Kostya Tsyu, Darchyan, Katsidis, Mundine, Haumono, Bika for putting some excitement back into Australian boxing.
                    Mundine is playing boxing, not letting boxing play him.
                    Mundine is playing the Aussie public. He is all mouth. How many times is he going to announce his next fight is a big name affair, only for it to be some guy with a long name, rather than a big name. He's a joke and a disgrace to Australia's great sporting tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Yomama View Post
                      Mundine is playing the Aussie public. He is all mouth. How many times is he going to announce his next fight is a big name affair, only for it to be some guy with a long name, rather than a big name. He's a joke and a disgrace to Australia's great sporting tradition.
                      Agreed mate, but he is only playing the ones stupid enough to fall for his all talk no action ways. Most if not all of us regulars on the Aussie forum have long been awake to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X