No announcement yet.

Rios vs maidana @ 147 who wins and why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    He hasn't beat anyone at 147, but in terms of style he struggles against crafty fighters, not guys like Maidana. Maidana can't box like Chaves, Abril, Pacquiao etc.

Rios takes a better shot than Maidana and in fights like this, that's the first thing I look at. This would be a toe to toe war and Rios does cleaner inside work than Maidana, is bigger and would back Maidana up.
    What? Maidana is crafty though. And he can box, roll, slip, dip, catch, counter as well. He did it against Mayweather and Soto Karass.

Rios has no power at 147; Maidana does. Maidana might have stamina issues but he can box surprisingly well while tired to compensate. Then when he gets a second wind he explodes. (Look at my sig.)

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      Is Maidana planning on ever fighting again?
      Early to mid 2016 is my guess. He is fat as hell right now so I don't seeing him fighting in 2015. If he does fight in 2015 it better be against a laudromat worker otherwise he will have a life-or-death type of fight the same way Chris Arreola does when he is out of shape.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
        What? Maidana is crafty though. And he can box, roll, slip, dip, catch, counter as well. He did it against Mayweather and Soto Karass.

Rios has no power at 147; Maidana does. Maidana might have stamina issues but he can box surprisingly well while tired to compensate. Then when he gets a second wind he explodes. (Look at my sig.)
        Maidana can't box. He has developed a semi-decent jab recently, but even that's overrated. Rios isn't a huge puncher but he can definitely hurt you and wear you down. He's a very good body puncher, which is a problem for Maidana. And I'm not sure Maidana can hurt Rios.
        Last edited by John Locke; 05-19-2015, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Maidana can't box. He has developed a semi-decent jab recently, but even that's overrated. Rios isn't a huge puncher but he can definitely hurt you and wear you down. He's a very good body puncher, which is a problem for Maidana. And I'm not sure Maidana can hurt Rios.
          Wait, are you the same guy who said this LMAO. How can I respect your ability to judge Maidana's boxing ability when you say dumb shit like this LMFAO.

I got Rios in this one. He has a better inside game, takes a better shot and he's bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
            Wait, are you the same guy who said this LMAO. How can I respect your ability to judge Maidana's boxing ability when you say dumb shit like this LMFAO.
            Everything I said still stands.

Rios' head clearly wasn't in the right place, look at the shape he was in. He was already thinking about retirement coming into the fight. Bradley easily beats any version of Rios anyway.

Maidana would go to war with Rios and get the worst of it.

Comment

He hasn't beat anyone at 147, but in terms of style he struggles against crafty fighters, not guys like Maidana. Maidana can't box like Chaves, Abril, Pacquiao etc.

Rios takes a better shot than Maidana and in fights like this, that's the first thing I look at. This would be a toe to toe war and Rios does cleaner inside work than Maidana, is bigger and would back Maidana up.
              mike alvarado is a crafty fighter and maidana can't box.

Comment

Working...
              X