No announcement yet.

Tyson Beyond The Glory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Beyond The Glory

An old documentary i know but having just watched it on youtube i have a few things to say. Tyson was always treated like the bad guy because he's a big built heavyweight who knocks people in to next week he was so powerful. I believe Robin Givens preyed on this and made people believe Mike was a violent wife beater and screwed Tyson out of all his money in the process. Add to this that Don King couldn't care less about Tyson and also just used him to make money. It's terrible to see the way Mike could have done so much more than he did if circumstances were different. His father abandoning him when he was a baby, his mother dieing, D'Amato dieing, Givens and King srewing him, rape allegations and the list goes on. It's been said a million times before but i just wanted to say that about Mike.

PS- Is it just me or was that Ice T doing the voiceover for Tyson Beyond The Glory .

Originally posted by ScofieldBurrows View Post
    An old documentary i know but having just watched it on youtube i have a few things to say. Tyson was always treated like the bad guy because he's a big built heavyweight who knocks people in to next week he was so powerful. I believe Robin Givens preyed on this and made people believe Mike was a violent wife beater and screwed Tyson out of all his money in the process. Add to this that Don King couldn't care less about Tyson and also just used him to make money. It's terrible to see the way Mike could have done so much more than he did if circumstances were different. His father abandoning him when he was a baby, his mother dieing, D'Amato dieing, Givens and King srewing him, rape allegations and the list goes on. It's been said a million times before but i just wanted to say that about Mike.

PS- Is it just me or was that Ice T doing the voiceover for Tyson Beyond The Glory .
    Mike is extremely misunderstood. I love the dude though. He has a good heart.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Tyson's problem was that when you go from nothing to everything in a very short amount of time it is very overwhelming. The best example I can give is an anecdote in which D'Amato gave Tyson a blank check for destruction.

In fact Tyson once sexually assaulted then trainer Teddy Atlas' neice. Atlas holds a gun to his head and threatens to kill him if he ever does it again. The next day D'amato fires Atlas.

You can take the boy out of the hood, but you can never take the hood out of the boy. Combine that with money and success and you got yourself one hell of a problem.

Oh yeah and Tyson was nuts, that also didn't help.

Comment

tysons problem was and is...he's an idiot..great boxing knowlege just an idiot

Comment

mike tyson = one of the greatest heavy weights.. no matter what happend in his life that wil always be true

Comment

Originally posted by ScofieldBurrows View Post

I think it was Ice Tea, it sure sounded like him. That was a great documentary, I'd like to see it again.

Comment

Yeah i think it was Ice T he's got such a cool accent lol. It's on youtube if you want to go watch it man.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
                I don't think Mike's an idiot at all, he's smarter than he is given credit for. Unfortunately he is / was easily manipulated, and this led to his downfall.

Considering what he's been through in his lifetime it's no wonder he had a hard time controlling his emotions. The things he needed were love, guidance, and acceptance. When he found them, they disappeared after a short time. As human beings, we all need these things and if they are not there, or if they are taken away from us, we cease to act rationally or function properly.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
                  He's smarter than you. I have no doubt about that.

Comment

Working...
                  X