K9's contract with GB specifically states that he won't face Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K9's contract with GB specifically states that he won't face Lara

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
    Emanuel Steward told me he specifically has it in K9 Bundrage's contract w/@GoldenBoyBoxing that he will not face Erislandy Lara
    The fear is strong in this one.

lmfao,that is sad as hell

Comment

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
      Steward's reasons are that Bundrage, at 39, is pretty much only looking for big money fights. Wants Canelo.
      I could kind of understand because of his age, but to specifically put it in the contract? Wow.

Comment

It sounds like he's protecting him from being a veteran punching bag for up and coming fighters.

Comment

@ the b1tch made poodle LMAO

Comment

omg! this is so damn sad...... freaking boxing

Comment

WHAT? WHY?

Is Lara Black Balled In Boxing Or Something? I don't get it! What is the fear in fighting this guy, granted I think the guy style makes him extremely difficult to deal with and considering how WILD K9 Fights I think Lara would beat him....but still when you have to put it in your Contract that you don't want to fight Lara that is a little STRANGE!

But in return all of this is only making Lara a BIGGER STAR, his name is being mentioned a lot now, I remember when it wasn't like that and not many people knew of him, now he is being Mention by fans and even Announcers so by Avoiding him they are only making him more Popular with Boxing Fans
              Last edited by sicko; 07-07-2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Why is golden boy doing this to Lara??

Comment

Dam Lara getting screwed left right and centre here.

Don't think I've ever heard of a fighter having it in his contract not to fight a fighter. Has this ever happened before?

Can't say I blame him but it's just weird and sad as hell.

Comment

I think this is being taken out of context. I'M NOT DEFENDING IT..BUT..

Golden Boy probably promised K9 a fight with Canelo to get him to sign in the first place. So within the contract, to make sure Golden Boy keeps its promise, there is probably a list of fighters that K9 is not allowed to fight that would give Golden Boy the opportunity to rescind their promise to him about a shot at Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                    X