No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kantotinkyakita View Post
    I hope Floyd will fight toe to toe with Cotto.
    Based on how he's fought in the past 2 fights, I expect the same from Floyd. But I expect him to be a bit on the move in the fight.

Comment

• haha the funny thing is *******s think cotto has a granite chin or something Cotto used to get knocked down in 140 / 147 what makes you think he's going to not get knocked down or knocked out this time? Floyd ain't no Paulie fool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
        No.

Floyd is going to prove he doesn't need CW to fight the champ.

Floyd is going to prove he has no fear of Cotto at any weight.

Cotto is the only fighter Pac forced to CW at 147. Why?

Then he wants to do it again at JMW. Why?

No, to the average fan Floyd is going to make Pac look like a damn fool. Floyd may have an annoying persona, but he's a boxing genius; he knows this game, and understands perfectly what he's doing.
        Battle torn and 4yr later, if u wanna count this as a legit fight then I guess so lol..

Comment

• Originally posted by ShovelThumb View Post
          haha the funny thing is *******s think cotto has a granite chin or something Cotto used to get knocked down in 140 / 147 what makes you think he's going to not get knocked down or knocked out this time? Floyd ain't no Paulie fool.
          Let's see if your boy won't do a chicken run. He can only KO Cotto if he use his powerful rabbit punch

Comment

• If You're Cotto's Trainer, Who Do You Pick As Sparring Partners for Cotto?

Who would you pick to spar in preparation for Floyd?

Comment

• I was thinking about this...it's soooo tough to find someone that can emulate Floyd.

Thinking maybe a Stevie Forbes? But he may be too small and too slow. Floyd is one of a kind.

Comment

• Judah / Mosley.. may aswell approach two people who many regard as fighters who troubled Floyd atleast once in their fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                  Jab, just watched Oscar vs Mayweather and hadn't seen it in quite a while and people saying Oscar stopped throwing his jab... He never threw it, he did in rounds 7 and 8 and he did great, personally I favor Floyd but I think Cotto has a better chance than I initially thought. He does everything Oscar did against Floyd, but better his jab has more power for sure. He throws it constantly, and he mixes it up with doubles/triples and feints. Floyd also leaves his belly open with his shoulder roll defense, Cotto should work the 1-2 the jab/right hand then occasionally when he gets Floyd on the ropes feint the jab, lazy right hand to get Floyd to turn and load up on a left to the gut.

Cotto is a well balanced fighter and he uses his brain. His pace is exactly how Floyd likes to fight as well 50-60 punches a round, with a majority of the punches being jabs. Add to that every boxer Cotto has faced he's beaten decisively (Malignaggi) or KO'd (Quintana, Judah, Foreman) not to mention he's never lost to an undefeated fighter. I think everyone expects Floyd to win but Cotto has a legitimate chance to win, not to mention it is at least A FIGHT being made that people want to see. Its 4-5 years too late but better late than never.
                  Great objective assessment!

Comment

• Steve Forbes, Adrian Broner, Brad Solomon

Comment

• Spadafora lol

Comment

Working...
                      X