Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Miguel Cotto ranked so high right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
    Think about it, try to come up with bigger names than Cotto aside from Pacquiao and Mayweather. He is one of the biggest PPV draws in the sport and has one of the best resumes to back him up. He deserves the recognition, he has earned it.
    by that logic erik morales shuldbe a top 5 welter ....

Comment

Originally posted by jayblack View Post
      I wonder the same thing about pac.
      Watch it man there's a lot *******s around lol but PAC just fought and beat the lengendary rios hahahaha hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
        I have a lot of love for Cotto, great fighter in my opinion. But the truth is he hasn't done anything all that great in a while, maybe his time with Roach and his current comeback may tell a different story in time to come. But for now I agree with the guys that say it is kind of unfair that he is up there on recognition of who he is etc.

Like I said, lot of love for Cotto but he needs to fight sold fights and win them to be ranked high, not be ranked high based on who he is. Also lets not forget this is not directly his problem either, he doesn't decide the rankings, plus there will be a fair few fighters out there who are in the position they are in based on name value and recognition etc, he probably isn't the only one.
        Originally posted by jayblack View Post
        I wonder the same thing about pac.
        I'm very much in agreement with these two statements. I don't blame Cotto or any fighter for this; they have little control for what the governing bodies do. He definitely isn't the only one, just as another poster commented, Pacquiao falls into this same issue as well as several other fighters. Regardless of who the fighter is, I think that gocerning body's integrity and also the sport takes a hit when such things happen. But, it's so common place that I think we have just accepted it.

Comment

It just goes to show that rankings are utter bullshit.

Khan automatically put in at number 2 at welterweight, having never fought at the weight. Wilder at number 3, despite beating nonen******.

Meanwhile you have guys working their backsides off, earning their rankings, only to be leapfrogged by some cash cow/hype job.

Comment

Because he has earned each a every bit of ranking!

War King Cotto!

Comment

Originally posted by FrankJack View Post
              #3 Ring Magazine
              #3 WBC
              #2 WBA
              #6 IBF
              #2 WBO

I don't dislike Cotto, but I was noticing how he is ranked among different bodies but the only top 10 guy in his division that he has fought is Austin Trout and he lost that one.
              That's about right. The consensus is that Alvarez, Lara, and Trout are better. (Floyd said he's campaigning at 147). After those guys who then deserves to be ranked ahead of Cotto at 154? Molina? Andrade? K9? Martyrosian? Ishe? Considering Trout lost his last fight and Cotto won his I have no problem with anyone ranking him as high as 3.

Comment

Because he is Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  Because EL ANGEL knows how to work 'dem jizzaws.

Comment

Working...
                  X