Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are peoples skin tones because of the weather where they are from?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
    Its true of the indigenous peoples of any place. The indigenous Europeans are white, the indigenous folk of the Latin American world are brown, ditto South Asians and those in the ME [varying shades for them]. African natives are dark.

Makes sense.
    Making sense is racist and I will have to report this.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Making sense is racist and I will have to report this.

That is some funny ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Senormous View Post
        yes, it does. As you know, black people could never exist in colder climates, like in many European countries, just as white people could never exist in warmer climates, like Florida or South America

Seems kind of silly logic because that would be suggesting that if my cold white ass was born in Africa, I might someday be a black man because of the sun.

Comment

yes, it does. As you know, black people could never exist in colder climates, like in many European countries, just as white people could never exist in warmer climates, like Florida or South America

Seems kind of silly logic because that would be suggesting that if my cold white ass was born in Africa, I might someday be a black man because of the sun.
          Yes, it's silly logic if YOU think YOU'd be black. But your great, great, great,........ Grandson having darker skin is not silly logic.

Comment

Evolution is comprised of random mutations that are kept or thrown away so to speak by natural selection.

So take white skin or dark skin. If you live in a hot climate, where the sun is going to be beating down on you all day long. It would make sense to have darker skin that can take the sun better, and not walk around sun burned all day.

So random mutations happened millions of years ago, and were kept by the process of natural selection to benefit the species.

Comment

Yes, it's called epigenetics.

Only around 1.5 % of the human genome codes for protein.

The Expression of genes into mRNA and the into proteins changes depending on environmental and behavioral factors and these changes in the acylation and methylation of histones are passed on.

Over a long period these changes become obvious such as skin colour etc.

So if your a fat lazy, alcoholic you will pass that on to your children. Of course once you've had children you won't so go for it after that.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfFeint View Post
                Yes, it's silly logic if YOU think YOU'd be black. But your great, great, great,........ Grandson having darker skin is not silly logic.
                What about people who have lived in Australia for generations and still have white skin? And btw, TS said "people who live there", not indigenous people.

Comment

Or if you live in a hot area and you rich as f0ck and you can afford to stay in a nice house and not get dark from birth you'll stay whiter than your people.

Comment

What about people who have lived in Australia for generations and still have white skin? And btw, TS said "people who live there", not indigenous people.
                    Its partly because white people havent lived in Aus long enough for a huge change like that to take place, and also because humans have developed ways to protect against the sun (sun block/houses/hats etc)

Someone told me that skin cancer rates are very high in Australia. Now i cba to check that fact but if its true then that is evolution taking place. If i had five children in Aus with varying degrees of skin darkness (melanin being what makes skin dark and also what protects us from the sun), the palest ones would be high risk for skin cancer while the darker ones would be more likely to survive. Repeat that process over a few hundred thousand years your gonna start getting some pretty slick black folk emerging from Aus

To flip that, when we emerged out of Africa towards colder climates dark skin prevented us from getting sufficient vit D and other benefits that the suns rays give us, so kids with light skin would be more likely to survive.

At least thats my basic understanding of it, if someone can explain it better then go for it...
                    Last edited by Tom Cruise; 03-29-2014, 05:43 PM.

Comment

people in the south wrinkle faster....

Comment

Working...
                      X