Lennox Lewis schools Deontay Wilder on how he throws the jab

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox Lewis schools Deontay Wilder on how he throws the jab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPJMn7izjOM

This is old as ****, but Deontay really needs to stop lunging in. His punch against Malik Scott really showed me a lot even though it last half a round, because it's the first time I have seen him throw the right and not lunge in. That's what he needs to do, not smother his punches by lunging in. Fight tall and behind his jab and straight. He has shown the ability to counter against firtha.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
      This is old as ****, but Deontay really needs to stop lunging in. His punch against Malik Scott really showed me a lot even though it last half a round, because it's the first time I have seen him throw the right and not lunge in. That's what he needs to do, not smother his punches by lunging in. Fight tall and behind his jab and straight. He has shown the ability to counter against firtha.
      1 more complaint from you kid and you make my illustrious ignore list.

Comment

lol from a dude in the comments

" I would go in the car park, say what are you too **** doing, throwing gay punches, I would then proceed to school Lewis, I'd ko him like Rachman ( 1st fight ) and McCall ( 1st fight ). Then I'd get Mr Wilder to call me Sir. And I'm not just saying this on youtube either. I'd say it on Twitter or whatever.***65279;"

Comment

As another poster said, this is pretty old. Still, it's a shame Wilder hasn't taken the advice on board.

Lennox Leeeeeeewwis!

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            1 more complaint from you kid and you make my illustrious ignore list.
            Ban me then dip****. Ive said all I need to say in another ****ty thread from you.

:*******:

Comment

Fury is the one who is really going to school wilder if they ever meet in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                As another poster said, this is pretty old. Still, it's a shame Wilder hasn't taken the advice on board.

Lennox Leeeeeeewwis!

would you take advice from a guy you would ko in 1 round?

Comment

That video does crack me up, it is just such a bizarre scene.

It does take a long time really implement stuff like that and use it in an actual fight because different people have different natural punching motion (or any athletic motion really) and it is best to go with what is comfortable. I think he should use his normal jab and try to mix in a jab like that~ keep guys guessing.

He will never be a master boxer especially defensively, but if he can use his punches in a different ways it can have a somewhat similar effect of keeping guys off balance. He does have a lot more offensive talent, so that is probably the route to go to round him out.

Comment

Lewis is throwing a European type jab leaves you open for an over hand right though has less power than a traditional jab

Comment

Working...
                    X