No announcement yet.

Your Boxing Hall of Fame ballot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Boxing Hall of Fame ballot

I'm using a photo of Dan Rafael's ballot and listing 9 popular names with an "other" option. That reaches the 10 choice limit here. You may vote for as many choices as you like.
    Joe Calzaghe
    22.06%
    Donald Curry
    5.15%
    Oscar De La Hoya
    24.26%
    Yoko Gushiken
    4.41%
    Naseem Hamed
    11.03%
    Pone Kingpetch
    1.47%
    Dariusz Michalczewski
    5.88%
    Felix Trinidad
    17.65%
    Hilario Zapata
    4.41%
    Other (submit names)
    3.68%

The poll is expired.

I voted for:

calzaghe- lineal 168 and lineal 175 champ, undefeated, wins over kessler, lacy, eubanks, hopkins

oscar- no brainer

tito- no brainer

prince naseem- brought the spotlight to the feather division,, was part of some classic fights, only lost to another great in MAB, was the featherweight kingpin in the the 90s

donald curry- Very good fighter,, dominated the welter division in the 80s, very impressive wins,,, went downhill after the lost to honeygan or livingston, i always get them comfused because they both pulled the upsets in the same period

Michlewski- great fighter, lineal champ,, win over virgil hill, never had the roy jones fight for a multitude of reasons, but still a HOFer IMO

great thread and poll,,

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      I voted for:

calzaghe- lineal 168 and lineal 175 champ, undefeated, wins over kessler, lacy, eubanks, hopkins

oscar- no brainer

tito- no brainer

prince naseem- brought the spotlight to the feather division,, was part of some classic fights, only lost to another great in MAB, was the featherweight kingpin in the the 90s

donald curry- Very good fighter,, dominated the welter division in the 80s, very impressive wins,,, went downhill after the lost to honeygan or livingston, i always get them comfused because they both pulled the upsets in the same period

Michlewski- great fighter, lineal champ,, win over virgil hill, never had the roy jones fight for a multitude of reasons, but still a HOFer IMO

great thread and poll,,
      Agree with your first four. Curry's prime was a little too short and Michalczewski was too regional, but maybe in a weaker year. My other was Tiger Jack Fox, who seems to be perennially underrated.

Comment

Joe Cal he was undefeated and a good boxer with some good wins

Oscar as much for what he did for the earnings of boxers today as what he did in the ring

Zapata I am a bit biased here perhaps he does not deserve to be in due to his record and his resume but I really like watching his fights and that is why I would have voted for Gatti as well

Masao Obha probably the most deserving of all the candidates in my mind and he will likely have to wait another year next year is a very week year with the best newcomer being Julio Cesar Vasquez

Hamed will also likely have to wait another year as well but he should make it he entertained from the time he left the locker room untill after his post fight interview and I place a lot of importance on entertainment value
        of course that puts Tyson Fury about two fights away by my standards well not really but you get what I am saying

Comment

HOF can eat me until Gilberto Roman gets in.

Comment

I voted for Oscar, Felix , Joe and don Curry

Comment

Originally posted by violaandme View Post
              Joe Cal he was undefeated and a good boxer with some good wins

Oscar as much for what he did for the earnings of boxers today as what he did in the ring

Zapata I am a bit biased here perhaps he does not deserve to be in due to his record and his resume but I really like watching his fights and that is why I would have voted for Gatti as well

Masao Obha probably the most deserving of all the candidates in my mind and he will likely have to wait another year next year is a very week year with the best newcomer being Julio Cesar Vasquez

Hamed will also likely have to wait another year as well but he should make it he entertained from the time he left the locker room untill after his post fight interview and I place a lot of importance on entertainment value
              of course that puts Tyson Fury about two fights away by my standards well not really but you get what I am saying
              The thing about naseem was he was actually a very good fighter and not just a freakshow,,, He unified belts at feather and from 95-01 he was the man,, Tyson fury is entertaining, but naseem backed it up and gave us some great fights, Jury is still out on fury, but i dont see him ever ruling a division like prince did

Comment

Calzaghe, De La Hoya & Trinidad.

How would you feel about giving consideration to Lionel Rose?

I'm not stating that he should be in but I am toying with the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                  HOF can eat me until Gilberto Roman gets in.
                  and Yoko Gushikan was twice the fighter Roman was

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
                    Calzaghe, De La Hoya & Trinidad.

How would you feel about giving consideration to Lionel Rose?

I'm not stating that he should be in but I am toying with the idea.
                    One problem is that he is not on the ballot. He was a great hero to his people, but I don't see his credentials as being HOF worthy.

Comment

Working...
                    X