No announcement yet.

RIP The Twinkie (1930-2012)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I'm going to miss the other stuff Hostess made.
    are they getting rid of the Wonder Bread too?

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
      Twinkies were only good when you were high as a kite ... other than that terrible.

Still sad to see a legend in pastries pass the torch. As long as Krispy Kreams is still around to satisfy the munchies ... I'm good.
      damn, sounds like my kind of snack.. too bad i never tried one.

Comment

Originally posted by RajahBell View Post
        That's a stupid Union, their union thuggery backfired on them. They were offered a fair deal, 25% stake in the company with 2 board members for pension and health benefits cuts. Then a 5 year contract with 8% pay cut in the 1 st year, a 3% increase in the next 3 years, and 1% increase in the final year. They should have known better since the company is already in Chapter 11 reorganization. Now, they are out of a job with the pending Liquidation, chapter 7.
        Thats the story of unions. I remember when I was going off on how the unions were going to drive GM into bankruptcy, and all the commies on here wrote me off as an alarmist. Unions will always suck a company dry.

Comment

i never got to try deep fried twinkies

Comment

They changed the taste of the cream over the years. It wasn't the same. R.I.P.

Comment

Mother ****ers are selling boxes of twinkies on ebay for $100 lol

Comment

Well you know what this means

Last edited by ELHURACAN58; 11-16-2012, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Comment

stupid ass unions.

enjoy unemployment.

maybe you can strike for a higher unemployment check.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                      Call me crazy, but it actually sounds like a strategy against the workers on strike.

Either sign a deal, or the jobs gone.
                      Unfortunately no, Chapter 7 is liquidation and is too late for the workers. You are thinking about Chapter 11, Reorganization. The Union should have negotiated in good faith when the company was in Chapter 11, but they overplayed their hand.

The ultimate purpose of Bankruptcy in the USA is to do what is best for the Unsecured Creditors, not the union or even the company. Secured Creditors like the mortgage company, the IRS, or people with liens against Hostess will get paid first probably 100% to the dollar. Bankruptcy tries to protect the interest of Unsecured Creditors, people like the landscape company or equipment manufacturer, who will probably get just cents to the dollar that they are owed.

Comment

Working...
                      X