No announcement yet.

Int. Boxing Hall of Fame weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik K View Post
    Yeah if you visited the hall any other week of the year you would be really disappointed. But the 4 days of induction weekend are awesome. I'm sure you would enjoy it.

Its near Syracuse. Would be abit of a trip for ya but worth it. Alot of us travel from much further. It helps if you can split hotel and travel with someone.
    It's on the bucket list. One day I'll go but I burned all my cash on Mayweather/Cotto tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      It's on the bucket list. One day I'll go but I burned all my cash on Mayweather/Cotto tickets.
      Did you get good seats?

Comment

Boxing HOF is a pretty big joke compared to other sports where Elite of the Elite get in.

Boxing inducts anyone who's been in the game or a few title fights..... and smh at inducting people still working in Boxing....

Freddie Roach, really?
        Micky Ward HOF? ughhhh

what next, give fat naz a go?

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
          Boxing HOF is a pretty big joke compared to other sports where Elite of the Elite get in.

Boxing inducts anyone who's been in the game or a few title fights..... and smh at inducting people still working in Boxing....

Freddie Roach, really?
          Micky Ward HOF? ughhhh

what next, give fat naz a go?
          There have been some questionable inductees in the past.

Is Roach really that bad a trainer? I cant complain to much about him.

Ward isnt in.

Either way the weekend is great.

Comment

I was thinking about going, but wasnt sure how expensive everything was. Do they nickel and dime you for all the autographs and pictures? How much is the dinner?

Comment

Originally posted by Always View Post
              I was thinking about going, but wasnt sure how expensive everything was. Do they nickel and dime you for all the autographs and pictures? How much is the dinner?
              Actually its not that bad. Biggest cost is flying in if you have to and hotel. If you can drive or split hotel with someone that helps alot.

For all the events on HOF grounds there is no cost. So all the lectures, fist casting, workouts etc are all free. Alot of the fighters are on the grounds throughout the day.
              From about 6Pm on there is a small restaurant/bar across the street and almost all the fighters hang out there each night. Great place for autographs, pictures and fun conversation.

As for the paid events the dinner is the most expensive but I usually skip to watch what ever fights are on. This year Pacquiao vs Bradley PPV is that night.
              The ****tail party is a rip its like $50 and last an hour. Friday night event is ok but nothing special.

The best paid event is the BBQ/golf tourney. Its pricey at $85 but all you can eat BBQ and beer all day. Plus a bunch of fighters come through all day. Its the best place for autographs etc all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik K View Post
                Actually its not that bad. Biggest cost is flying in if you have to and hotel. If you can drive or split hotel with someone that helps alot.

For all the events on HOF grounds there is no cost. So all the lectures, fist casting, workouts etc are all free. Alot of the fighters are on the grounds throughout the day.
                From about 6Pm on there is a small restaurant/bar across the street and almost all the fighters hang out there each night. Great place for autographs, pictures and fun conversation.

As for the paid events the dinner is the most expensive but I usually skip to watch what ever fights are on. This year Pacquiao vs Bradley PPV is that night.
                The ****tail party is a rip its like $50 and last an hour. Friday night event is ok but nothing special.

The best paid event is the BBQ/golf tourney. Its pricey at $85 but all you can eat BBQ and beer all day. Plus a bunch of fighters come through all day. Its the best place for autographs etc all weekend.
                Damn, I may just go there for my birthday.... My birthday is at the end of the month, but I may just celebrate it early.

Comment

Originally posted by Always View Post
                  Damn, I may just go there for my birthday.... My birthday is at the end of the month, but I may just celebrate it early.
                  Once you go you will probably be hooked. How far are you from there?

Here is the schedule for this year. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I will try to help.

Here is schedule for 2012

Thursday, June 7

1:00 p.m. Ringside Lectures - Museum Grounds
                  3:00 p.m. Ringside Lectures - Museum Grounds
                  4:00 p.m. Ringside Lectures - Museum Grounds
                  5-6 p.m. Hall of Fame Opening Ceremony - Museum Grounds

Friday, June 8

10 a.m.-3 p.m. Ringside Lectures - Museum Grounds
                  1:00 p.m. Celebrity Workout Session - Museum Grounds
                  3:00 p.m. Celebrity Fist Casting - Museum Grounds
                  7:30 p.m. A Heavyweight Bash - Rusty Rail Party House

Saturday, June 9

7 a.m.- 3 p.m. Golf Tournament of Champions - Casolwood Golf Course
                  8:30 a.m. 5K Race, Fun Run - Canastota High School
                  10 a.m.- 4 p.m. Boxing Autograph Card Show - Canastota High School
                  11 a.m.-4 p.m. Ringside Lectures - Museum Grounds
                  1:00 p.m. Celebrity Workout Session - Museum Grounds
                  5:30-6:30 p.m. VIP "Gala" ****tail Reception - Greystone Castle
                  8:00 p.m. Banquet of Champions - Syracuse Oncenter Complex

Sunday, June 10

10:00 a.m. U.S Postal Service Tribute - Museum Grounds
                  1:00 p.m. Parade of Champions - Downtown District
                  2:30 p.m. Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony - Museum Grounds

Comment

i go pretty much every year, its a good time. I have the flyer for this years events I can scan it and post it up if anyones interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                      i go pretty much every year, its a good time. I have the flyer for this years events I can scan it and post it up if anyones interested.
                      Cool, yeah I get the flyers in mail as well. What did you think of last year? I was kinda disappointed that it was so crowded etc. This year should be back to normal.

Comment

Working...
                      X