No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Believes in His Size, Power Against Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
    Cotto has almost zero chance of winning this fight. the entire card is garbage, it's just mismatches.

I'm not hating Cotto but honestly what has he done since at 154?

he beat a one legged Yuri Foreman, he beat Mayorga (who quit after getting hit in the hand) and he beat Margarito who wasn't even cleared to fight until Arum greased the right hands to allow it.

this fight made sense 5 years ago at 140 when Cotto was a beast but he isn't that anymore. I don't blame Ricans for still seeing the old Cotto but he aint that anymore.

it's an easy pay day for Mayweather.

personally I'm not supporting anymore of these sort of money grab fight where they're just playing on blind ethic loyalties. ya just gettin hustled.
    I agree with you in regards to Cotto not doing much since being at 154. However you said Cotto was a beast at 140, who did he beat at 140 that was a quality fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      WBA 154-pound champion Miguel Cotto (37-2, 30KOs) believes his size and power will play a significant roles in the outcome of Saturday's fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. (42-0, 26KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]
      If I recall Cotto also believed in his size and power against Pacquiao. Infact he said during 24/7 that he believed in his speed as well.

Point blank Cotto is good fighter thats why he has competitive fights with the same fighters PAC and FLOYD shutout. Cotto's only chance of winning is landed a KO punch. However Cotto is the same guy that couldnt KO Malignaggi, enough said.

Comment

I think floyd is hands down the best fighter in the sport but cotto aintno pushover. This will be closer than most think. Cotto winning will not be a huge upset to me

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          Yep if it was a court case they lose badly , Its obvious weight is critical to Pac beating Cotto , he is still the same man as you murdered before and you want the rematch , yet refuse it because of weight , come on ! is what it is !
          Exactly..

Now if Cotto was the one approaching Manny for a rematch and Manny would have turned Cotto down all together then I wouldn't have an issue. I would have sided with Manny.

Comment

If I recall Cotto also believed in his size and power against Pacquiao. Infact he said during 24/7 that he believed in his speed as well.

Point blank Cotto is good fighter thats why he has competitive fights with the same fighters PAC and FLOYD shutout. Cotto's only chance of winning is landed a KO punch. However Cotto is the same guy that couldnt KO Malignaggi, enough said.

Comment

War mudder****in Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by TBOGGS78 View Post
                I agree with you in regards to Cotto not doing much since being at 154. However you said Cotto was a beast at 140, who did he beat at 140 that was a quality fighter?
                Chop Chop Corley was pretty decent at the time, he wasn't just a gatekeeper then. by the time Cotto destroyed him he'd only lost to Judah and Mayweather. granted Mayweather clown him.

Ricardo Torres was a real solid fighter and a threat to anybody at the time.

Randall Bailey was a huge puncher like Torres.

all I'm saying is Cotto took on big punchers and took them out. you don't see that anymore. just look at how Canelo or Broner is being brought along, their people won't risk putting them in against live puncher in their prime. Cotto fought big punchers and took them out. to me that's a beast, Cotto didn't just fight feather fisted bums and washed up stars to pad his record.

but now I think he's just setting up his retirement fund and that's why I can hardly take this fight seriously

Comment

Now I don't see Cotto as a true 154 champion. I mean heres a guy who was asking for a CW for his own belt. WTF is up with that. Mayweather will be the stronger fighter that night. He won't be the heavier, but will be the stronger fighter.

Floyd will be going in with every physical, Skill, experience, and psychological advantages over Cotto. The irony is that one of Puerto Rico's celebrated Fighter will be retired on a Mexican Holiday...

Comment

Originally posted by TBOGGS78 View Post

That was all hype. Even his sparing partners were claiming Cotto felt stronger despite the weight loss which again was all hype. In that very same 24/7, Cotto looked drained, and was unconfortable about not being able to eat. They even should Cotto getting on his team for sneaking out for fast food when they promised they would eat like him through all training camp to help his moral. Cotto was being drained.

Inregards to Cotto not being able to KO the magic man. Don't confuse the Magic Man's feather fist with his chin. Paulie is a solid durable fighter. Infact Paulie out boxed Cotto and actually won that match!!!

Comment

yea cotto is a punk but he fought better fighters then pac n floyd stop it you idiot the only 1 who is a punk is floyd and will beat floyd may 5 go look at the castillo fights floyd is beatable hes slowing down he wants to trade and doesnt have the power to keep cotto off from him

Comment

Working...
                      X