A big myth regarding Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

garcia is better than khan, period.

Comment

He is limited, one dimensional and lacks defence though.

What he is, is a mid range hook artist, who isn't afraid to load up with his counters. Plus points are heavy hands, composure, and a good chin.

Let's look at some of the negatives. Number one, he struggles with movement. Now I don't mean jumping in and out on a drawstring like Khan, I mean actual movement, check his fights before morales for that, and I've seen no change.

Number two, he only operates from mid range. He struggles from distance, because it's out of range of his hooks, he struggles inside because of the opposite reason, he can't wing massive hooks when an opponent is on his chest

Number three, not much jab to speak of.

You have to look at him objectively, he's been fortuitous with the style matchups in his high profile matches against an over confident, silly Khan and an old morales who isn't half of what he was.

He will most likely beat Judah, who is a mentally deficient fighter like Khan and will probably fight Garcias plan.

However there are a number of guys I'd pick comfortably to beat him in and around the weight, Timothy Bradley, Lucas Matthyse, kell Brook, Devon Alexander and more

I also think Ashley Theophane was very hard done by in his close points loss to Garcia, as he rendered him useless for large parts of that fight, it was clinical at times, but sadly Theophane was the "opponent" and given no favours at all on the cards
      Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 12-16-2012, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Garcia has an extremely bad defence. If he had a chin that Khan had, he would be KTFO so much.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Danny Garcia's biggest win is a lucky shot against Amir Khan. When he fights someone like Lucas Matthysse or Marcos Maidana, or rematches Khan, then we'll find out just how good he really is. I don't think you guys will like the results.

Comment

People are still sleeping on Garcia. I like him, he's not the greatest fighter with the best defense, but he has some qualities. He has decent hand speed, a solid chin, good pop.

We'll see what happens. One thing is for sure, he knocked Khan the f**k out. If Khan had a chin, I'd never worry about him against really almost anyone. If Garcia had a crappy chin, he'd surely lose to just about anyone.

But that's not how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Birkonian View Post
              Danny Garcia's biggest win is a lucky shot against Amir Khan. When he fights someone like Lucas Matthysse or Marcos Maidana, or rematches Khan, then we'll find out just how good he really is. I don't think you guys will like the results.
              Khan will not want a rematch with Garcia anytime soon.

Comment

Danny Garcia landed a lucky punch, we all know it. Amir Khan has every advantage over this kid, no reason to believe anything other than a Khan boxing clinic in a rematch. Garcia and his racist/classless father can enjoy their 15 minutes while it lasts.

How many times can that kid land the same lucky punch?

Comment

I'd pick Matthysse over him and probably to stop him but I feel Lucas is the best 140lb fighter on the planet right about now. Maidana is garbage, I'd take Garcia over him in a heartbeat. People talk about Garcia having limitations, Maidana is severely limited and still living off beating a quitter 5 years ago whose never amounted to anything but a laughing stock.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    I'd pick Matthysse over him and probably to stop him but I feel Lucas is the best 140lb fighter on the planet right about now. Maidana is garbage, I'd take Garcia over him in a heartbeat. People talk about Garcia having limitations, Maidana is severely limited and still living off beating a quitter 5 years ago whose never amounted to anything but a laughing stock.
                    Maidana has underrated footspeed, can fight inside and is devastating against opponents who will indulge him in a fight.

Him against garcia is not a foregone conclusion at all imo

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfanjunior View Post
                      Khan will not want a rematch with Garcia anytime soon.
                      Khan will and does want it... Whether his handlers feel the same however...

Comment

Working...
                      X