Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who'll be the king of the supermiddleweights in a year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikkel Kessler will be the King

Comment

Kessler undoubtedly imo, as long as he keeps motivated at improving his effectiveness and tactics which I think he will, he's said as much himself. Most just about favor him against Pavlik and he's already at SMW, gaining experience. The poll speaks for itself, I'm impressed so many have become so much more aware of Kessler the past few months, not sure that was the case so much a few months back, message is obviously getting through, and hopefully will more so when he beats Sartison.

Comment

Kessler is the clear favorite based on history, with Taylor, Bute and Froch right behind, but there are question marks for each of them. Taylor hasn't had his first fight at 168, and Bute hasn't fought anyone in the top tier (Joppy and Bika are the most notable names on his resume... good tests but not great fighters). Froch has looked impressive against low-level competition, but is in the same boat as Bute.

We'll know a lot more about Miranda after his fight with Abraham this weekend... he still hasn't really redeemed himself after being TKO'd by Pavlik. At least Taylor came back and went 12 with Kelly; Miranda spent the last year KO'ing bums.

SMW is definitely one of the top divisions to watch right now... there are some fantastic potential matchups between the top 4-5 guys in the next few years. And eventually Pavlik will make it even more interesting.

Comment

Mikkel Kessler, without a doubt.. !

Comment

im gonna say jermain taylor, i think he will fix this stamina issue and maybe fighting at a higher weight avoiding weight drain is just what he needs, he has all the skills when he applies them so i think he can do it, remember he was on the verge of KOing pavlik in 2 rounds but he ran outta steam, id like to see the fight again at 168, taylor vs kessler is also interesting although it wouldnt be an exciting fight

Comment

i think Kessler will turn out to be the best at Jr. Light Heavyweight

Comment

I want to see Taylor VS Dirrell

Comment

I think Kessler has the best chance.

Comment

I say Kessler right now, even if Pavlik and Abraham move up. These two, Bute and MAYBE Taylor I would put right behind Kessler.

But Dirrell and Ward also have all the tools in the world to become dominant champions (except a granite chin maybe...), so 168 is gonna be very interesting in the post Calzaghe era.

Comment

Pavlik is the future of those weight classes SMW-LHW.

Comment

Working...
                      X