No announcement yet.

Bad Fight for Manny...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dezstroyer View Post
    Bradley could outbox Pacquaio but he was trying too hard in the earlier rounds and Pacquaio clearly picked this up and cruised in the first rounds knowing Bradley's inexperience trying too hard would eventually tire him. The punches Manny landed of course also had their impact on Bradley in the later rounds.

Bradley thought that the ko loss affected his toughness. Pacquaio is a tough dude to crack and all his previous opponents would admit that. Getting into a brawl or a firefight with him is pointless as Pacquaio has the heart of a lion. You can't just make him quit by throwing hard shots throughout all these rounds. his gameplan was totally wrong. But i still believe between the two of them, despite Bradley being a very good boxer, Manny is still the better puncher and better fighter of the two. Bradley's a hard worker but Manny was born as a machine. Bradley's mistake was to think he could outfox the fox.

That was a big mistake on his part. Despite all of that i respect Bradley more now not only as a fighter but as a human being as well. In the first fight, after the announcement i hated it how he wasn't man enough to admit he lost the fight. I think now Bradley realized he is a top P4P fighter and real fighters have no excuses whatsoever. If ever a third fight happened and Bradley tried to box more i still believe Pacquaio would lose the first couple of rounds or they would be close but that he would adjust to what Bradley brings to the table and work his way inside slowly but surely as he did in this second fight.

I just read this article where marquez stated he would prefer to have pacman fight Mayweather instead, while he clearly said in the past that he would want the winner of the Pacquaio-Bradley 2 fight. (i would post the link but i'm not allowed yet as i didn't reach the 15 post requirement).

Now it seems as if Marquez is hesitant to fight the pacman again after admitting that he would face the winner of Pac-Bradley 2 for the belt. I think Marquez senses something that tells him the 5th encounter wouldn't be as favourable for him as the last time they met. It might have something to do with Manny's discipline as a fighter and his patience now.
    Regarding Marquez, Yes i read it too, and i agree Marquez don't want it. But when they are in the ring that thread got nothing to with the way Manny fights now and his demons.

Its always been a bad fight in the past for Manny whats different now? My main argument is that it would be a bad fight for him, my side argument is that would be boring because he wouldn't try to stop Marquez.

Comment

He didn't really commit in the 5th fight. He used the feints to give him that split second opportunity to land. The only time he really committed was the exchanges (which he still does ex. Bradley fight), and the times he got him hurt with the feints and combos.

Also the shot heard round the world.

Comment

Originally posted by [T][B][E] View Post
        Regarding Marquez, Yes i read it too, and i agree Marquez don't want it. But when they are in the ring that thread got nothing to with the way Manny fights now and his demons.

Its always been a bad fight in the past for Manny whats different now? My main argument is that it would be a bad fight for him, my side argument is that would be boring because he wouldn't try to stop Marquez.
        It would look a lot like the 3rd fight IMO with even less action. Say what you want this fight would never be easy for either fighter it never has why should it be now. Mentally Pacquiao can't be as confident when he steps into the ring knowing what Marquez put him through.

I hear many people he wouldn't have to be aggressive that Manny could just outbox him and get the victory that way. But when has he been able to do that against Marquez, he would've done it already if he could do it just as he would've knocked him out already if he could have done. Bottom line wouldn't be easy for either fighter although I would personally favor Manny to earn a close decision in a slow-paced fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
          It would look a lot like the 3rd fight IMO with even less action. Say what you want this fight would never be easy for either fighter it never has why should it be now. Mentally Pacquiao can't be as confident when he steps into the ring knowing what Marquez put him through.

I hear many people he wouldn't have to be aggressive that Manny could just outbox him and get the victory that way. But when has he been able to do that against Marquez, he would've done it already if he could do it just as he would've knocked him out already if he could have done. Bottom line wouldn't be easy for either fighter although I would personally favor Manny to earn a close decision in a slow-paced fight.
          This is a good post. Some guys on here act like Pac or Juan dominated one another in the 4 fights. They will always be tough match ups, yes Juan ktfo Manny and no I don't think it was some lucky shot BUT we also can't pretend Juan wasn't getting his ass beat.

Comment

Originally posted by [T][B][E] View Post

Marquez against Pacquaio will most likely always be boring. Not only because Marquez is Manny's achilles heel but also because Marquez has great ring generalship and it's hard to take him out of his game plan or nearly impossible or you would have to beat him up in the earlier rounds first. if Marquez fought stupid the way he did against FMJ (only god knows why he took that approach) Most likely because he didn't believe his counter punching skills would be effective against FMJ. Than i believe Manny would have an easy victory. but we all know Marquez, he is very wary of Manny's power left hand and will fight him like he always did in the past since it's been effective for him

I am not eager on watching a fifth fight between them for the pleasure of watching a good boxing match because Marquez will tame him a little and Pacquaio will get reluctant to throw many punches. But i'd love to see Pacquaio get revenge. Marquez always cried in the past and from his point of view it's Pacquaio this time who deserves to have a crack at him. but Nacho Beristain is very wary of a fifth meeting and prefers to avoid it because the risk is very high. Pacquaio simply always will be a high risk, high reward fight, no matter who he faces off against. His power is there, it's just the opponents who got bigger and heavier giving them an advantage for staying on their feet but it doesn't mean they don't feel his punches because they clearly do. Tim Bradley simply is a tough dude to crack but Pacquaio hurt him and Rios also.

That alone says enough about the leverage Pacquaio "could" deliver if he is willing to commit enough to throw heavy snapping punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              This is a good post. Some guys on here act like Pac or Juan dominated one another in the 4 fights. They will always be tough match ups, yes Juan ktfo Manny and no I don't think it was some lucky shot BUT we also can't pretend Juan wasn't getting his ass beat.
              He was getting the worst of it specially in that 5th round, but let's be honest it wouldn't have been the first fight that Juan would've come back after looking like he was getting stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Most people say it's a solid, well placed power shot but it came unexpected and even Marquez nor Nacho saw that ko coming. People call it lucky because it happened in the final 2 seconds of the round. It' all of the above combined. It was a good shot, a heavy shot, a well placed shot and at the same time i can understand how people feel it was a lucky punch that finished him off. But Pacquaio as a gentlemen knows better. In boxing there are no excuses. A real champion wins and loses and accepts defeat like a man. Just like Bradley did for the first time in his career after being beat by Pacquaio in their second meeting.

Comment

Let them Fight, its whats Fighters do.

Comment

Working...
                  X