Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why shouldn't Martinez fight Golovkin next if he beats JCC Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For one fight, seems like a pretty easy concept to understand.
    But this is NSB, so no surprise.
    Go up for one fight, get the big money he can't get in his division and the notoriety and then go back down to destroy Martinez

Comment

He's going up to fight JCC Jr but not for Ward.

Golovkin fan logic would dictate that GGG is ducking Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
        For one fight, seems like a pretty easy concept to understand.
        But this is NSB, so no surprise.
        Go up for one fight, get the big money he can't get in his division and the notoriety and then go back down to destroy Martinez
        It's almost as if he's carefully picking a certain type opponents over another type. I think there might be a word for that, but I'm not sure.

Comment

GGG has been the number 1 challenger for Martinez for the last 2 years and Martinez should have already fought him instead of some of the lesser middleweights he has fought.GGG shouldn't have to beat a 168 pound Chavez to get a fight with Martinez. GGG will beat Chavez and Martinez still will not fight him in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            It's almost as if he's carefully picking a certain type opponents over another type. I think there might be a word for that, but I'm not sure.
            Like Ward does?
            What's he doing again?
            When's next fight?
            May....2015?

Comment

Where is all of this Ward talk coming from? he is the 168lb champion and GGG is a MW belt holder/contender. What does him beating fat Chavez Jr. at a higher weight because Jr is too lazy to train have to somehow do with GGG ducking a guy who doesn't fight in the weight class he competes in?

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                He could just drop the stupid wbc belt, he's already the Ring belt holder and lineal champ. Rubio lol
                ^^ THISSSS

Joel Casamayor only held the Ring while Diaz was collecting 3 Alphabet ones and even then Casamayor was the real champ.

So Martinez should do the same plus the purse deduction aint worth it if you hold the RING belt and are at almost the twilight of your career and can age over night.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Where is all of this Ward talk coming from? he is the 168lb champion and GGG is a MW belt holder/contender. What does him beating fat Chavez Jr. at a higher weight because Jr is too lazy to train have to somehow do with GGG ducking a guy who doesn't fight in the weight class he competes in?
                  Why is GGG going up to 168 to fight Chavez Jr but not Ward?

Comment

This is the WBC we are talking about, a low profile mandatory rubio vs a unification vs Golovkin. Of course they'd allow it to happen, Martinez would get an extension.

Comment

Working...
                    X