• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to buy Winning gloves?

Has anyone buy it some winning gloves?
    How is the process?
    It worth the price?

There's a ton of places now. Not like it was a few years back.
    Worth it? If you have hand issues, yes. If you have money to throw around, yes. If you've got healthy hands, aren't a professional, and have to give strong consideration before spending $300 on gloves, NO. There's plenty of great gloves in the $100 to $150 range. I only use winning because I'm very tall but have a thin bone structure and my hands get wrecked on intense bag workouts. I need my hands healthy for work, guitar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Worth it? If you have hand issues, yes. If you have money to throw around, yes. If you've got healthy hands, aren't a professional, and have to give strong consideration before spending $300 on gloves, NO. There's plenty of great gloves in the $100 to $150 range. I only use winning because I'm very tall but have a thin bone structure and my hands get wrecked on intense bag workouts. I need my hands healthy for work, guitar, etc.
      Well, in my country you wouldn't find them, that's for sure, i have a pair of fortis (honestly i didn't even know the brand existed before i buy them, but i don't like any everlast product and it was the only other brand on the store), i'm not a professional but i'm an amateur and i train every day so i gave my gloves a lot of use but i don't know which gloves i should buy so it would be great to hear your opinion on them or any kind of good gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
        Well, in my country you wouldn't find them, that's for sure, i have a pair of fortis (honestly i didn't even know the brand existed before i buy them, but i don't like any everlast product and it was the only other brand on the store), i'm not a professional but i'm an amateur and i train every day so i gave my gloves a lot of use but i don't know which gloves i should buy so it would be great to hear your opinion on them or any kind of good gloves.
        Title, Ringside, and Rival make gloves that represent their price range pretty well (in other words; you get what you pay for with them).
        High-end Everlast are good but you have to get their top products only.
        Cleto is not great for daily training because they are less protective.
        Grant are inconsistent.
        Hyabusa are actually pretty good, which is rare for a glove that looks so nice.

If you have access to ebay, there are a lot of Winnings on there. Most are shipped out of Japan though a few US warehouses hold them now. Again, don't buy into the hype. The lining tears just like other brands. They don't give you much "pop" on the bag or mits because of how absorptive they are. If you have hand trouble though, they are a lifesaver.

What are you comfortable spending and what are your priorities in a glove (what features matter most)?

Comment

Title, Ringside, and Rival make gloves that represent their price range pretty well (in other words; you get what you pay for with them).
          High-end Everlast are good but you have to get their top products only.
          Cleto is not great for daily training because they are less protective.
          Grant are inconsistent.
          Hyabusa are actually pretty good, which is rare for a glove that looks so nice.

If you have access to ebay, there are a lot of Winnings on there. Most are shipped out of Japan though a few US warehouses hold them now. Again, don't buy into the hype. The lining tears just like other brands. They don't give you much "pop" on the bag or mits because of how absorptive they are. If you have hand trouble though, they are a lifesaver.

What are you comfortable spending and what are your priorities in a glove (what features matter most)?
          Very useful information, thanks.

Well, i need some good sparring gloves, i'm saving money since some time ago to buy some decent sparring gloves since the ones i'm wearing in the gym are for everyone and are very used, but i would like to have some gloves that i could use in the bag because i got one in my house and my gloves aren't really good, i can adapt to price but i really want to quality gloves, i got fragile hands, it has improve with the time, but old injuries tends to leave me some troubles even these days.

Comment

Been saving up to buy my first pair of winning gloves, 16oz, as I have wrists pains and it easily damages. Will buy mine from https://www.kozuji.co.uk , legit site also have a us site too

Comment

Funny thing i have heard in ages

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                Very useful information, thanks.

Well, i need some good sparring gloves, i'm saving money since some time ago to buy some decent sparring gloves since the ones i'm wearing in the gym are for everyone and are very used, but i would like to have some gloves that i could use in the bag because i got one in my house and my gloves aren't really good, i can adapt to price but i really want to quality gloves, i got fragile hands, it has improve with the time, but old injuries tends to leave me some troubles even these days.
                I got mine and dude they are worth it. They have an unmatched comfort and safety for your hands.
                They also have one of the best quality gloves and last easily 5 years of daily workouts.

They are expensive yes, if you are not serious about boxing don't buy them, if you are they can be a great investment.

I got mine on eBay, used, about 2 years old for 140$.
                Maybe you can find a good offer but if you want new ones those are the cheapest ones online:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/b..._browsehist_en

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
                  I got mine and dude they are worth it. They have an unmatched comfort and safety for your hands.
                  They also have one of the best quality gloves and last easily 5 years of daily workouts.

They are expensive yes, if you are not serious about boxing don't buy them, if you are they can be a great investment.

I got mine on eBay, used, about 2 years old for 140$.
                  Maybe you can find a good offer but if you want new ones those are the cheapest ones online:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/b..._browsehist_en
                  Thanks for the info, do you think i can use them in everything?, sparring, mittwork, bagwork?

Comment

Not worth it unless you have the money to spare. For the same price get some dedicated bag gloves and some sparring gloves

Comment

Working...
                    X